We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
A LITTLE ABOUT US ATD is primarily a tire and wheel distributor. In the most simplistic view, we buy product, we sell product and we transport product. Manufacturers are great at making tires but they can’t deliver to 100,000+ locations every day. The dealers are great at installing tires and servicing customers but most don’t have large spaces to inventory product – especially not the wide assortment that today’s vehicle fleet requires. ATD operates at the intersection of these two partners – inventorying a broad and deep product assortment and delivering these items to our customers when they need them. ATD is the largest independent (not owned by a manufacturer) replacement tire distributor in North America. Last year we had sales of over $5B. We have grown incredibly fast largely through an industry roll up strategy. Distributors were not supposed to become larger than the manufacturers they support, yet here we are, larger than some. We did not acquire simply to become large, we did it so that we could create scale that would allow us to operate differently and invest in areas that our competition could not. In doing so we have become a better partner to our vendors and customers. However, we are not satisfied with our historical accomplishments. We recently embarked on a company-wide transformation and early indications suggest that there is enormous value to be captured and benefits to be conveyed to our partners if we are willing to continue our evolution. And that evolution is going to happen off an already impressive platform. We have 140+ state of the art distribution centers in the US and Canada including a new 1 million square foot facility in Southern California. We operate the second largest tire B2C site (TireBuyer.com based in Seattle). We operate a 700 dealer franchise program in the US and three franchise programs in Canada. We keep our fingers on the pulse of our customers and triage any issues that we discover in near real-time via a customer experience software. We own two private label brands (Hercules and Ironman). We have a strong Asian sourcing strategy. We are owned by two large and aggressive private equity groups (TPG and Ares) that have funded and fueled our supercharged growth. We are the number one or number two player in every sales channel in the US and Canada. Our model works. It is replicable globally. Our footprint will continue to grow. There is a lot we do well but even more that we need to do better. Our office is 15 minutes north of downtown Charlotte in a suburb of Huntersville. Charlotte is the 17th largest US city (larger than major metros like Seattle, Denver and Boston). The city is vibrant with an active nightlife. Countless neighborhoods are walkable. Parks, restaurants, concerts, US whitewater center, in-city mountain biking trails, farmers markets, professional sports (baseball, basketball and football), greenway running trails and 9+ months of an outdoor social calendar keep the city and its residents on the move. Charlotte is 3.5 hours to the ocean, 1.5 hours to the mountains and 25 minutes to a relaxed college town (Davidson) with its own social calendar and quaint and eclectic Main Street vibe. We have the largest lake in North Carolina 10 minutes from the office. Spring and summer are long and winter is short. With an American Airlines hub operating in Charlotte, we are a non-stop flight away from most of the US and many Canadian, Caribbean and European capitals. The cost of living is good and the quality of life is even better. That is a little about us. Now, let’s discuss the role. JOB SUMMARY Revenue management is built around a singular idea: That a high-talent team with the right leaders and tools, focused on gross margin growth, can generate superior financial returns for ATD through an industry-best pricing model, insight-driven analytical approach and coordinated, collaborative partnership with Sales, Category Management, Supply Chain and Finance. From this North Star, our strategy, processes and structure follows. ATD Revenue Management is comprised of three tightly-integrated teams – Margin Strategy and Governance, Pricing Execution and Margin Analytics and Reporting. Collectively the teams are responsible for ATD’s revenue and gross margin attainment goals. The Regional Margin Manager position is part of the Pricing Execution team. You are responsible for the performance of your regions. Unit targets, revenue targets, margin targets. You are always an adviser. You are frequently a decision maker. You are identifying margin growth opportunities for your Field Sales partners. You are working with your margin analytics team to find customers or brands that are sub-optimally priced. You commission analytical projects to deep-dive to test hypotheses you have in your regions. You share your successful ideas with your colleagues and they share with you. You are working with the analytics team to evaluate margin opportunities and develop pricing tests that you put into market. You will interact with the Field sales organization daily and help them execute necessary pricing actions to maintain and grow the business. View the business as “your business” – your multi-hundred million dollar operation. Apply sound business judgement. Make informed decisions. Leverage your strategy and analytics partners. Other responsibilities include: • Managing the special buy process in your regions (overall this is owned and managed by margin strategy; but you own your piece of the go/no-go for your region, order volume, DC orders and pricing) • Processing competitor pricing investigation requests (margin analytics team will help fulfill requests) • Communicating regularly with your Field partners • Ensuring alignment between corporate goals and Field/Revenue Management actions • Conducting regular cadence of business reviews with Field partner
- Provide regional support as the single point of contact for pricing inquiries, requests, approvals and implementation support of special campaigns, overstocks and liquidations by developing strong relationships with the Regional President and the Director of Sales as well as the Field Support Center pricing team
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the markets covered; help your Field Sales partners find profitable opportunities to grow the business
- Rollout and execute competitive and promotional pricing initiatives within Region in order to maximize profit
- Coordinate analysis, approval and application of all field level ATD item sell price changes for assigned regions.
- Implement all system updates including price changes, price corrections (credit/re-bill functions) and support of price variance holds queue.
- Reduce customer pricing confusion through effective communication with distribution center management and sales staff
- Track and maintain regional requests; share and present trends with Revenue Management and Field Sales team members
- Partner with Margin Analytics team to quickly process field requests, identify margin growth opportunities and put small tests into the market from which we all can learn and iterate upon
- Develop and coordinate monthly initiatives with distribution center management to improve profitability on low-margin products and customers and mitigate profit leakage.
- Coordinate product access requests and support other “key function” activities as needed.
- Quick processing of Field requests that are within the pre-established guardrails
- Complying with documented best practice processes – also helping to develop and revise such processes as needed
KEY PARTNERS (POSITIONS):
- Director, Pricing Execution
- SVP, Revenue Management
- Revenue Management team
- Region President and Director of Sales
- Peer Regional Margin Managers
- Product Administration Group
WHAT YOU NEED TO EXCEL:
- Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year College or University; degree obtained in Finance/Accounting, Mathematics and/or Economics or a closely related discipline is preferred; advanced degrees viewed favorably
- 5 years of experience in a consulting, pricing, revenue management roles preferred; sales operations, business analytics or inventory management roles will be considered. Knowledge of the tire industry is a plus but not a pre-requisite
- Ability to build strong relationships across a variety of stakeholder groups – Field Support Center, field sales leadership, etc.
- Ability to manage the execution and tracking of field pricing implementation initiatives
- Very strong Excel skills
- Excellent face-to-face, telephone and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with an ability to multi-task, track progress and report to management
- Ability to review and analyze data to draw conclusions, recognize trends, troubleshoot problems, and avoid inaccuracies
Travel required: Limited travel typically required although occasional overnight trips into your region will be required.
SCHEDULE: Based on the region you manage, your schedule may fluctuate and be adjusted to ensure you are able to provide optimal customer service during the hours the region needs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the Company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R10728