The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
Compiles data from various sources to prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports used by management in support of plant operations in the areas of packaging, production yields, cycle counting, physical inventory, creating and maintaining bill of materials, labor and other accounting related activities that meet the planned profitability of the organization. Provides advice to members of senior management and assists them in achieving profit and volume objectives. Identifies cost savings opportunities; provides accurate and timely production results and financial analysis for business decisions. Performs Payroll and Accounts Payable function as needed for facility.Core Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:Compiles data from various sources (SAP, ADC, manual sheets from Supervisors, etc.) to prepare various daily reports in Excel including Yield Reports, Daily Pack Report, OPS Report, and Labor Report requiring data entry, data manipulation, and formulas in Excel. Researches missing invoices by contacting vendors, the Purchasing department and Accounts Payable and responding to vendor inquiries about invoices.Ensures all production orders are properly reconciled and recognized in the correct day, week and period and investigates and follows-up timely on all production order errors or discrepancies. Completes the weekly Scorecard so management can assess and evaluate operational performance against forecast, standard, and other metrics.Analyzes and investigates manufacturing variance accounts (i.e., labor efficiency, yields, formulation, overhead, PPV, etc) and provides explanations.Assists in the tracking of cost savings against budgets and the measurement of actual savings.Reviews raw material and packaging standard costs for accuracy on an annual basis. Reviews purchase price variance accounts monthly.Prepares and distributes the daily yield and labor efficiency reports.Reviews raw meat, packaging, ingredients and MRO parts inventory for accuracy and reconciliation to ledger.Performs BOM analysis and verification as part of our bills of materials and routings review. Ensure an annual 100 percent review of bills of materials and routings and enter in the tracking systemAssists in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 implementation and maintains internal control documentation and the testing of internal controls.Prepares and updates the monthly account validation documents as part of our SOX reporting responsibilities. Ensures that financial controls are in place across the plant, which are in accordance to Group policy and actively adhered to, including accounting cut-off procedures.Provides back up and support to other Accounting staff in the areas of yield reporting, finished goods inventory, payroll and other areas as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- 2+ years relevant work experience in an accounting or finance role, preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles including production yields, variances, and inventory control processes in relation to general ledger reporting. Previous Payroll and A/P experience a plus.
- Strong skill-set using Microsoft Office, especially Excel), including manipulation of large amounts of data.
- SAP, Kronos or experience with similar systems, preferred.
- Ability to explain complicated processes in an easy-to-understand manner when dealing with employee issues.
- Establish and maintain an excellent working relationships with both Plant and Corporate Finance and Operations personnel.
- Must be able to remain flexible and focused when priorities change.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to fully research issues, execute instructions and solve problems.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.