Saint Joseph PACE, a member of Trinity Health, is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant for its location in Mishawaka, Indiana. Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) coordinate and provide all needed preventive, primary, acute and long term care services so that older individuals can continue living in the community. PACE is an innovative model that enables individuals who are 55 years old or older and certified by their state to need nursing home care to live as independently as possible. Through PACE, today's fragmented health care financing and delivery system comes together to serve the unique needs of each individual in a way that makes sense to the frail elderly, their informal caregivers, health care providers and policy makers.
Many PACE participants get most of their care from staff employed by the PACE organization in the PACE center. PACE centers meet State and Federal safety requirements and include adult day programs, medical clinics, activities, and occupational and physical therapy facilities.
Saint Joseph PACE offers a complete and comprehensive benefit package including outstanding medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, Life, generous PTO plan, and paid holidays. This position will work under the supervision of the Clinic Registered Nurse Manager. The medical assistant is responsible for providing and assisting participants with activities of daily living, restorative, and supportive care. The medical assistant will assist in monitoring and reporting the health status and providing a safe environment for the participants.
General responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for front-end medical office duties check in and out, triage of participant, answering phones, as required.
- Performs nursing assessment of the clinic participants and chief complaint, including but not limited to triage, vital signs, weights, immunization and allergy status.
- Provide nursing care as assigned in a safe manner, consistent with the policies and procedures of the clinic.
- Provides support to the providers in the examination and treatment of participants to facilitate clinic flow.
Candidates will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience working with a frail or elderly population.
- Experience in a long-term care facility or with a community-based geriatric program preferred.
- May require use of personal vehicle.
- Candidates should also possess the ability to work as part of a team.
Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
To apply for this position please visit the career website page at URL blocked - click to apply
Electronic Medical Record