VP/Director of FinanceCompensation:
$85000.00 to $90000.00 yearly
Downtown Boston Non-Profit is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration to play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership
team in strategic decision making and operations. This is a great opportunity for a finance leader to bring value to this well-respected, high-impact organization.
The role is remote for now, but will return safely in time, with flexibility. The organization has been around for 50+ years, so there is stability in the funding and revenue streams.
You will own both the Financial Management and the HR / Admin Management of the organization. This is a hands on position needing someone willing to scale from doing the work (low volume accounting environment) to providing financial leadership as the top financial person. Great opportunity for someone to step into the #1 spot.
• Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate financial
statements to staff and Board committee members; maintain all financial, project/program and grants
• Manage the fiscal management of the grants funding for the organization.
• Own the annual audit process, liaise with the external auditors and appropriate Board committees.
• Lead the annual financial budgeting and planning process; monitor progress and changes
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
• Lead all HR, Benefits/Payroll, Administration to ensure the various levels of compliance are met.
The ideal profile for the role is:
• 10+ years of financial accounting experience
• Some experience within a non-profit environment is key.
• Prior tracking and analysis of the fiscal side of government grants
• Excellent communication skills are a must
This is a small non-profit and the budget for the job is $90k. The compensation package is comprehensive and includes excellent retirement. Work/Life is outstanding.
Apply here. You can also contact John Bresnahan (Robert Half Boston) via LinkedIn as follow up.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.