Insurance Verification Specialist Opportunity!!
Apex Systems is currently looking to hire Insurance Verification Specialists in Pittsburgh, PA! Please email an updated resume to Email blocked - click to apply if you are interested. Thank you!
Training Hours: TBD
Regular Hours: M-F 7 AM- 7 PM ; some weekends may be included
Pay Rate: 16.75 paid weekly!
Work Location: Bannockburn IL 60015
- Utilizes all available resources to obtain and enter insurance coverage information for ordered services into patient’s file.
- Verifies patient insurance coverage of medications, administration supplies and related pharmacy services
- Facilitates and completes the Prior Authorization process with insurance companies and practitioner offices
- Completes a full Medical Verification for all medications, administration supplies and related pharmacy services
- Notifies patients, physicians, practitioners and/or clinics of any financial responsibility of services provided and requested services that are not provided by the facility
- Facilitates pharmacy and/or major medical claims with insurance companies and practitioner offices, investigates, and facilitates prior authorization any other insurance rejections
- Provides notification of rgent orders to the Senior level or Group Supervisor and communicates with other departments when an urgent need for filling a prescription or delivery is necessary; Places outbound calls to patients of physician’s offices to obtain additional information needed to process the script or to notify of delay in processing script
- Manages inbound calls on the insurance line from patients, clients, physicians, practitioners and clinics regarding inquiries about services provided, financial responsibility and insurance coverage
Basic Qualifications and Interests:
- High School diploma/GED
- At least one year insurance verification and/or pharmacy technician experience OR at least 6 months specialty pharmacy experience
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Willing to work mandatory extra hours, this may include evenings, weekends and/or hours outside of normal business hours
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Internet explorer
Education: Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required.
Once again, if interested send updated copy of resume to Email blocked - click to apply
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178