To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Loan Processor - (MA) Massachusetts
Flagstar Bank • US-Nationwide
Posted 10 days ago
Handles complex loans (jumbo, Government, multiple loans same borrower). Maintains a personal pipeline and/or overflow pipeline as needed to meet set turn time promises. Effective pipeline management of 30-50 loans. Responsible for the team pipeline to ensure all closing dates and commitment dates are met.
Assist MA’s with processor related questions/issues. Communicate pertinent updates/procedures to processors and MA’s as needed.
Train entry-level processors and/or provide guidance to other processors. Provide support as needed to process complex loans or with problem loan files. Act as the subject matter expert for departmental systems and processes. Conduct weekly staff meetings with Processing team to check in and stay abreast of individual, branch needs and production status.
Manage expected and unexpected time off and re-assign work load as needed to maintain set turn times. Utilize production reports to effectively manage the team performance. Achieve established production goals for the department in relation to funded volume, cycle time and customer satisfaction.
Maintain custom forms/templates/print sets to ensure compliance with company and investor requirements.
Ensure all quality standards are consistently achieved.
Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED, or Foreign Equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 4+ year current mortgage loan processor experience
- Solid experience working with multiple loan types
- BA/BS degree in business, finance or related field preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a pipeline of 25-50 loans
- Strong working knowledge of automated underwriting systems LP/DU
- Experience with FHA and VA underwriting guidelines
- Completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways
- Works on assignments requiring moderately to considerable judgment and initiative
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Superior Internal/External customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Effective and responsive telephone etiquette
- Experience with Encompass a plus