Inspect high-reliability one-of-a-kind space flight electronic boards, board assemblies, and components to IPC J-STD-001FS, NASA-STD-8739.1, and NASA-STD-8739.4 requirements. Provide support to assigned project(s) for the development and management of a space flight system’s project mission assurance program. The mission assurance program includes the product assurance, process control, quality assurance, software quality assurance, configuration management, parts and materials control, contamination control, system safety, reliability, AS9100 compliance, requirements and design review, and flight assurance aspects of the project.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Visually inspect electronic assemblies to IPC J-STD-001FS, NASA-STD-8739.1, and NASA-STD-8739.4 workmanship standards, primarily using microscopic equipment. Assess significance of identified nonconformances and make recommendations regarding how nonconforming hardware should be dispositioned (65%).
- Inspect conformal coatings and polymeric materials on printed circuit board assemblies (10%).
- Maintain and verify completeness of as-built documentation package, including entries of nonconformances in computer databases and on-line systems (10%).
- Assist project Systems Assurance Manager (SAM) in performing tasks related to the day-to-day support of spaceflight projects, including spacecraft integration, test, and launch. Coordinate inspections, quality engineering support, configuration management requirements, and related assessments and audits as directed by SAM. (10%)
- Develop, improve, and maintain project requirements processes and documentation, and quality management system processes and documentation through procedure streamlining and continuous improvement. (5%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
Required Qualifications: 5 years experience in performing visual inspections of electronic assemblies and their associated components. The majority of this time must be in inspecting unique items versus a production line or incoming material inspection.
Ability to link conformance or nonconformances to defined requirements and specifications.
Current or previous certification to one or more of the following standards, with the ability to get recertified within 2 months:
- IPC J-STD-001ES / J-STD-001FS
Demonstrated ability to utilize microscopes and measuring equipment.
Able to work in clean room environment.
Knowledge and / or prior work working with Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) sensitive hardware.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work in a collaborative environment and solve problems quickly within demanding schedules.
Ability to identify cause of problems and implement timely technical solutions.
Excellent interpersonal skills, be positive, flexible, and have demonstrable sound technical and professional judgment
Microsoft Office computer skills; competent at writing clear and concise summary reports.
Able to work with a variety of individuals from line operators to managers.
- Current certification to the above listed workmanship standards.
- Familiarity with INFOR Visual ERP software.
- Familiarity with INFOR IQM software.
- Ability to review test setups; witness, review, and/or approve test results; perform safety awareness reviews; and perform facility walkthroughs/audits.