To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wilmington, DE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP of Accounting Services Insurance Accounting
ExecuNet • Wilmington, DE
Posted 1 month ago
Are investment accounting and client service your areas of expertise Do you love building strong relationships, juggling changing priorities and being on the pulse of industry changes Would you like to use your know-how to make a difference day in and day out at the world’s largest asset manager Look no further. Company is pursuing a Vice President Accounting Services Insurance Accounting to become a part of our team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your rare skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you freedom to grow professionally and as an individual.
We know you want to feel valued every single day, and be recognized for your contribution. At Company we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
As the Vice President of Accounting Services, you will join our Global Accounting & Performance team (‘GAP’) as part of the Investment Accounting Services Group. Our team provides accounting and performance measurement services to clients across the financial services spectrum, from funds through to separate accounts, where a shadow accounting service is performed, and outsourced financial accounting for insurance clients. You will be expected to handle multiple areas including:
- Business development to identify new clients
- Implementation and management of onboarding new clients and continued support of existing client requests
- Senior relationship management to maintain effective interaction with clients
- Development of client metrics and regular client communication
- Oversight of regulatory and accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance
- Identification of operational improvements to improve the overall service offering.
Your primary responsibilities will relate to managing Client Relationships from an overall accounting perspective, including:
- Building relationships and being an excellent partner through regular communication with key personnel at each client to effectively lead client expectations
- Meeting with senior partners to discuss overall relationship, new initiatives, accounting questions and concerns, client relationship targets, etc.
- Conducting regular business reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with the service offering and obtain feedback
- Preparing for and hosting regular client meetings/relationship reviews; ensuring each meeting is documented and follow up items addressed
- Developing action plans to address and advancing feedback provided by the client
- Developing deep understanding of assigned clients – including portfolio structure, objectives, and accounting requirements
- Assisting clients in various ad-hoc analyses and providing input relating to the treatment and impact of accounting pronouncements and reporting requirements
- Providing clear concise feedback to client requests
- Serving as a liaison between the client and the various Company teams assigned to support the client to ensure excellent client service and client happiness
- Completing administrative tasks relating to clients such as:
- Providing monthly client metrics
- Creating relationship overview/summary
- Handling client invoicing review
To ensure success you will have the following qualifications:
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting; or related experience
- 5+ years of financial/accounting work experience preferred
- Knowledge of insurance and disclosure reporting as it relates to investments
- Familiarity with one or more of the following financial statement and accounting policies: GAAP/STAT/IFRS
- Understanding and/or ability to learn various investment types – including fixed income, derivatives, alternatives, mortgage loans, equities, etc.
- Effective communication skills to deal directly with clients and across all levels of staff and management
- Ability to prioritize assignments without losing sight of overall objectives and deadlines and time management skills
- Strong decision-making skills to make well-thought-out decisions based on information provided
- Attention to detail and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft (Excel & PowerPoint) office products
- Travel to clients as necessary