Position Summary: Epidemiology
Are you an Epidemiologist seeking an opportunity to support the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)? Our selected candidate will join a team of dreamers, drivers, and doers helping reshape federal IT.
Our Epidemiologist will be a key member of a professional team of Health IT and Medical professionals providing support services to CDC and HHS Coordination Operations and Response Element (H-CORE) through data management, analysis and visualization, and reporting support.
Additional perks with Sparksoft include above Industry Healthcare Benefits, Flexible Work from Home Options, Paid Time Off, Training/Certification opportunities, Healthcare Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account, Paid Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, 401K Match, Paid Holidays, and much more.
* Work with CDC staff to develop analysis plans for vaccine safety data collected within v-safe platform
* Write and execute Statistical Analysis System (SAS) code to conduct epidemiologic analyses of v-safe data (a large relational database containing longitudinal data), using Structured Query Language (SQL) and SAS macro programming
* Work with the v-safe data manager to support internal dashboards describing v-safe data
* Work with v-safe data manager to identify and communicate data cleaning and data quality needs in v-safe data that is routinely collected
Construct tables and figures describing findings from epidemiologic analyses of v-safe data
* Conduct literature reviews related to current knowledge of vaccine safety in COVID-19 vaccines; literature review may include a survey of various sources (such as books, conference papers and journal articles) relevant to a specific topic or area of research.
* Draft two manuscripts describing vaccine safety findings from analyses of v-safe data, presenting findings in clear, scientific language. The contractor shall write manuscripts with the v-safe team, serving as a primary author or co-author.
* Follow all current "CDC Publication and Clearance Policies" and will submit the manuscript on behalf of the CDC to the target journal
* Develop technical presentations on v-safe data and findings in PowerPoint for presentation to internal CDC groups; All presentations will be reviewed by the COR and the v-safe team lead
* Participate on at least 5 conference calls per week related to v-safe project discussions to provide input and feedback on current projects.
Required Skills: 3+ years in advanced SAS programming skills, conducting epidemiologic analyses using data from large relational data bases of longitudinal data.
Education: Minimum education includes a Master's degree in public health, statistics, or epidemiology.
Sparksoft is a certified Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) SVC and DEV Level 3, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013, 8(a), Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB), and Small, Women-owned, Minority-owned (SWaM), and MBE/DBE/SBE consulting firm. With our focused mission "to ignite innovation, inspire transformation, and implement digital solutions for a healthier nation", we specialize in 6 specific digital health services: Test Automation, Cloud Services, DevOps Delivery, Cyber Security, Data Science, and Human-Centered Design. Since 2004, our exceptionally skilled people, proven leadership, and optimized processes all work together relentlessly to continuously push for more efficient solutions.
Sparksoft is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.
In accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, Sparksoft Corporation is complying with the requirements that all employees assigned to a federal contract be vaccinated. Employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a physician's note for a medical accommodation or a religious request for accommodation to the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause Sparksoft Corporation undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
If you need accommodation seeking employment with Sparksoft Corporation, please email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Epidemiologist
. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
- Data Quality
- Human Resources
- Longitudinal Study
- Occupational Safety And Health