Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
Req. ID: 20119
PURPOSE: The Plant Construction Facility Team implements capital projects and is responsible for planning and construction-related projects throughout the Cleveland Operations.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Integral member of the project team responsible for delivering programs and projects of varying size and complexity, with a primary responsibility to oversee the execution and ultimately the completion of projects.
- Project management to ensure project metrics and customer expectations are realized and projects are completed on time and within budget
- Assist and lead in the management of contractors and project teams
- Provide conceptual planning, layouts and costs analysis for projects
- Construction project financial accounting including developing the project budget and managing the budget throughout the project
- CAD design and layout of the facility, factory, lab or office area for the project
- Read and interpret construction documents (drawings and specifications) for all building disciplines (site/civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, etc.)
- Project supervision, including safety, scheduling, and subcontractor coordination.
- Engage with stakeholders and building occupants to provide pre-construction communication updates regarding planned construction activities. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to temporary relocation planning for occupants and their functional spaces to achieve project goals, utility disruptions during construction, defining construction zones and temporary barriers within buildings, changes with access and egress routes during construction, construction noise mitigation through isolation or scheduling of construction activities.
- Communications during the construction phase to coordinate, confirm and reinforce planned construction activities with stakeholders and building occupants.
- Order material and parts and direct the installation for projects
- Resolve safety, environmental, and ergonomic issues during the project
- Assure that the all projects are installed a safe, high quality, cost effective, and environmentally responsible way
- Additional assignments as assigned by the manager
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- BS in Construction Management, Engineering or related college degree
- Combination of at least five (9) years’ experience of construction estimating, project management and project superintendence with increasing responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- P6/MS Project scheduling capability is a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD is beneficial
- Previous experience in industrial construction is beneficial
- Strong desire to take ownership and drive results
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments and changing priorities
- Ability to manage and successfully accomplish multiple projects simultaneously
- Commitment to creatively engage and lead in program development and initiatives that develop the group and benefit the company
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)