Kforce's client, a leading national CPA firm in New Haven, Connecticut (CT) is seeking a Tax Senior Accountant for their CT offices located on the shoreline and central CT.
The Tax Staff will develop work papers, determine groupings of balance sheet items and make decision on executing the completion of accounting and tax services for businesses, individual clients, and trust and estates. Under the direct supervision of a Senior, Supervisor, or Manager, the Staff will receive appropriate guidance and training to complete assignments.
- Prepare federal and state corporate, individual, trusts and estates, and partnership returns, including exercising professional judgment with respect to issue identification to develop solutions to tax issues in returns
- You will also research tax issues and legislation
- Interpret tax code
- Provide and maintain proper documentation to support tax return calculations
- Analyze depreciation to determine proper methodology for tax impact on client engagements to decide best treatment of disposed for obsolescence and new fixed assets placed in service
- Make projections on future tax liabilities based on variable options to make client recommendations as part of the tax planning process
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university (minimum of 150 college credits required)
- MS in Taxation (preferred)
- Must have CPA license or be eligible to sit for the CPA exam
- At least 1-3 years of relevant tax experience
- Basic knowledge of federal and state tax compliance
- Knowledge of basic tax laws/Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Standard Accounting Practices