Under the direction of the Manager of Operations and the general instruction of the Facility Contact at various facilities, the Area Client Services Supervisor is responsible first for the duties and responsibilities of the Client Services position. In addition, the Area Client Services Supervisor will assist the Manager of Operations in the efficient operation of the various assigned accounts. The Area Client Services Supervisor will also assist the Manager of Operations in training, staffing, and providing coverage at various sites for the Client Services Representatives.
Duties and responsibilitiesResponsibilities
Assists the Manager of Operations in the training and direction of the Client Service Rep positions.
- Provides input to the Manager of Operations for the evaluation of the Client Service Rep positions.
- Answers day to day questions posed by clients and the Client Service Rep positions.
- Makes recommendations for methods to increase productivity.
- Assist in meeting regional revenue goals on a consistent basis.
- Comply with all release of information related functions as stipulated in service agreement.
- Assist in selecting, interviewing, hiring and terminating employees.
- Participate in counseling sessions of site personnel and makes probationary or termination recommendations when necessary.
- Responsible for properly training release of information staff in company and facility specific functions.
- Distribute workflow to site personnel.
- Assist in evaluations of employees.
- Ensures supplies are available at designated facility.
- Responsible for meeting facility revenue goals on a consistent basis.
- Prepare month-end reports on the first work day of each month and distribute.
- Responsible for submitting company-related travel expense reports and original receipts to manager in a timely fashion.
- Maintains confidentiality by keeping all information seen and heard in the facility in the strictest confidence.
Productivity and Quality:
- Maintains productivity, quality and assures customer service standards.
- Provides input into the review and revision of site procedure.
- Performs quality reviews and site evaluations as required by clients.
Customer Service Skills:
- Answers and conducts business on the telephone routinely while maintaining excellent customer service skills.
Reviews Release of Information requests for validity according to applicable state or federal statutes. Returns inappropriate authorizations and requests to the requester.
- Looks up medical record numbers, fills out guides and pulls medical records, if so directed.
- Reviews the requests to determine which records are being requested.
Copying Process: Scans the medical record and chooses the appropriate information to be photocopied, if so directed.
- Copies the appropriate pages for the requested records, if so directed.
- Re-assembles the charts (files) for re-filing.
- Logs information that is being sent to the requester either manually or using company software in accordance with the facility procedure.
- Documents the release of information in the patient medical record or other means determined by the facility.
- Calculates the amount to be billed to the requester and prepares the invoice, if so directed.
- Certifies the copies of medical records when requested, if so directed.
- Prepares copies for mailing, by weighing and affixing postage or by processing the mail through the facility Mail Room, if so directed.
- Reports to work as scheduled.
- Complies with all Company Policies, specifically, attendance and punctuality.
- Attends mandatory employee in-service meetings and/or training sessions, if so directed.
- Typically, works remotely accessing work related projects and tasks via VPN access.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
Valid driver's license.
- Driving record and Proof of Insurance that is acceptable per company's driver policy
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Experience in a medical records or health care setting would be beneficial.
- Medical Terminology class is strongly encouraged.
- Required to take and pass a 90-day ROI Certification course with a score of 85% or higher.