The Business Development Manager of Physician Growth is adynamic, high-performing individual with experience working with physiciangroups who is skilled in business development, including identifying andpursuing business opportunities and establishing positive client relationships.The person in this role is responsible for finding and developing new businessopportunities and expanding the recognition of our brand. The ideal candidatehas a history of bringing on new business and embraces the challenges that comewith outbound prospecting in a competitive market.
You'll enjoy the flexibility totelecommute* from anywhere within the Phoenix, AZ are. as you take on sometough challenges.
- Responsible for the development of new business opportunities through existing and new relationships
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and prospective clients
- Serve as front-facing and highly visible leader for the region; ability to build trusted relationships with independent physicians and regional healthcare leaders that result in new partnership opportunities for the business
- Identify, target and secure key potential partners such as: Medical Groups, IPAs, Hospital/PHOs; identify key physician champions in new markets that can lead change toward a fee for value/population based approach to medicine
- Develops reporting mechanisms and dashboards for executive visibility
- Market research and analysis: Regularly provide market development progress and market information reports to discover new needs and business opportunities
- Execution management: confirm that the market development plan is continuously executed according to the plan and ensure that the operation target is achieved
You'll be rewarded and recognizedfor your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give youclear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as providedevelopment for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of business development or sales experience
- Experience in healthcare services, ambulatory care, integrated delivery systems and/or physician practice management
- Presentation skills: comfortable assembling detailed analyses and comprehensive strategic rationale in PowerPoint
- Management skills: able to drive numerous pieces of work forward simultaneously; able to effectively coach and mentor junior teammates
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Willingness to travel (20%)
- If you needto enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen forsymptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e.,entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealthGroup-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building,employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employeesmust comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Master's degree preferred in Business, Marketing, Finance, Healthcare, Nursing, or Public Health, or a scientific degree.
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare services, ambulatory care, integrated delivery systems and/or physician practice management
- 3+ years of experience working with managed care organizations or accountable care organizations
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with internal/external partners, physicians and professionals of various disciplines
- Ability to identify key issues and creatively/strategically overcome internal /external challenges or obstacles
- Ability to develop and present detailed, actionable and practical proposals and business plans
- Strong financial modeling/planning and transaction execution skills
- Working knowledge of deal structuring and closing principals
- Strong understanding of business/financial management, contracts, partnerships, and corporate governance
- Self-motivated with impeccable integrity/accountability and strong presence
- Aptitude for analytical and creative thinking with ability to organize, track and manage overlapping tasks and assignments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams, numerous stakeholders and frequent priority changes
- Ability to negotiate and overcome objections from stakeholders and various levels of management
- Self-starter with the ability to think, work, and problem solve with limited direction
Careers with Optum. Here's theidea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make healthcare work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's largeaccumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestylechoices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leapbeyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of theUnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatestminds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reachits fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teamsagainst sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in oneincredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's bestwork.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be requiredto adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal EmploymentOpportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, geneticinformation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealthGroup is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug testbefore beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical Groups, IPAs, Hospital/PHOs ,identify key physicianchampions, sales, Arizona, Phoenix, AZ, Telecommute, Telecommuter,Telecommuting, Work from home, Work at home, Remote