Pay starts at $17.29
Logistics done differently.
Ranked as the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics, XPO Logistics is among the most admired companies in the world according to Fortune Magazine. The Freight Less-than-Truckload (LTL) Driver Sales Representative Student (DSR Student) Program is an intensive program consisting of classroom education and hands-on driving experience. As a DSR Student, you will work as a part-time dockworker for up to 30 days prior to the start of the 9 to 12-week classroom training. During the training program, you will continue to work a designated shift prior to or following the 4-hour unpaid classroom training session. If successfully completed, you will be eligible to test to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License-A (CDL-A) with hazardous materials endorsements and doubles/triples endorsements; and upon meeting all other company requirements, you may be eligible to be offered a Driver Sales Representative position.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Unload and load freight off/on trailers
- Under supervision, perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
- Maintain records in accordance with FMCSR, DOT and company policies
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Handle hazardous materials and adhere to company safety policies
- Maintain contact with service center personnel in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be at least 21 years old
- Ability to obtain a CDL-A permit by the first day of class
- Ability to initiate the TSA fingerprint-based background check by completing the fingerprinting process no later than the second week of class
- Safe driving record and history
- To pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals; pass a company-paid DOT physical
- To pass a company-paid post-offer, pre-hire, screen test (physical essential functions); perform essential functions with or without an accommodation
- Must be able to obtain a CDL-A with these endorsements: double/triple trailers, tanker and hazmat by the end of the training program
- Availability to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekends
It’d be great if you also have:
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and more than 75 lbs. occasionally)
- Safely operate heavy equipment; move and position a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs.
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery; work in adverse weather conditions; climb in and out of a tractor cab and trailer, and sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or forklift
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Operate a tractor-trailer combination (under supervision) up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous materials
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)