Kelly Services is seeking a direct hire Quality Engineer candidate in the Rockmart, GA areas.
To provide support during new model activity, help in the development of new model documentation for the production departments, and conduct PPAP process for new & existing suppliers. To monitor changes throughout the facility (both production and new model).
Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist with part approval documentation development for new model (PQCT, PFMEA, PAC-V, IDS, & Fixture Designs).
- Assist with design and develop of inspection fixtures
- Development of stamping and welding documentation for new models going into mass production (CQCP, Stamping CQCP, Die Maintenance Sheets, PPH, PPH presentations, Weld Location Maps, Weld Destruct Sheets, Inspection fixture work instructions, Datamyte programs, Welding CQCP, Receiving Inspection Sheets, Etc.)
- Partake in activities during new model events: attend each weld build to verify PQCT and help to create stamping CQCPs, complete thinning analysis during all stamping trials, make sure gage R&R is completed for each component fixture, complete inspection fixture buy-off when fixtures arrive, obtain final part approval from customer, obtain quotes/track inspection fixtures that need to be updated/fixed for design changes throughout new model process, and assist with part fit activities internally and at customer site
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in related area (Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering)
- 0-2 years of experience in manufacturing quality
- 0-2 years of experience working with PPAP processes – supplier and customer level, Control Plans, and PFMEAs
- Basic fabrication knowledge is preferred but not required
- Basic understanding of Catia and other statistical quality tools
- Basic understanding of the Quality coordinates system
- Ability to understand and use customer requirements to develop production documentation
- Microsoft office experience (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Experience working with internal and external customers
- Flexibility in working in varying environments – production floor and office
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.