One of my all-time favorite clients is seeking an Electrical Engineering Project Manager to join their team. The position requires solid electrical engineering skills, working knowledge of physical design and manufacturing technology and processes. The ideal candidate will have the experience and acumen to lead and manage projects across their various divisions. This position is a Morgan Hunter exclusive and not posted elsewhere, so reach out today for a confidential conversation to see if my client is a match for you.
Why our client?
Our client offers a fantastic work culture and is a growing company. They offer the ability for their project managers to be seen by executive leadership for maximum career visibility. You will also find them to be a great place to work and you'll be surrounded by highly intelligent people such as yourself.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Set and communicate project expectations to various team members and corporate stakeholders
- Identify and resolve issues and communicate with the team on coordination
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate project management tools
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Analyzes performance and troubleshoots problem areas throughout the project life cycle. Utilize test results and recommend any product changes
- Conduct project analysis and create recommendation reports in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project steps
- Creates summary and trend reports of project and product quality items
- Uses company project management tools for execution and reporting
- Be highly conscious of target cost and performance product specifications and manage projects to fulfill them as closely as possible
- Be accountable for project development budgets, timelines, quality, and adherence to product and business requirements
- Ensure a positive working environment with the international design team based in Hong Kong
- Effectively assess designs through testing and evaluation in order to make appropriate recommendations regarding product improvements
- Reports status to the executive team and drives the executive to make major business impacting decisions, as necessary, in the execution of projects.
- Interfaces with external suppliers, service partners, and manufacturers while managing projects.
- A leader and proactive by nature
- Demonstrated ability to learn tools and technology quickly
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and react well under pressure
- Working knowledge of classic Waterfall or Gate process and agile development process
- Respects and understands target cost & performance product specifications and manages projects to fulfill them as closely as possible
- Assumes accountability for project development budgets, timelines, quality, and adherence to product and business requirements
- This role will not be working with on-site designers or a mechanical design team. They will coordinate the project with our partners in Hong Kong. They will need to be able to access the design through testing and evaluation and make appropriate recommendations to change the product for improvements
Where will you spend your time?
- 40% on troubleshooting, testing and evaluating the product
- 15% travel to Hong Kong to visit the factory during the production run to ensure they are meeting our requirements
- 30% project management, coordinating the internal process with marketing, engineering, QC and our factories
- 15% on documentation of specifications, etc. that is required with the role of project management
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical (preferred) or Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5+ years of hands-on project management
- PMP Certification a plus but not required
- Ability to travel internationally 15% to visit factories during production runs to ensure quality products are being made
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City Metro. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Who Should Apply?
Please note, our client will only consider applicants who are residing in the Kansas City metropolitan area. All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA with no restrictions. Our client does not offer H1-B sponsorship or transfers. Thank you!
Product Quality Assurance