AECOM's Digital Solutions Studio is seeking a highly talented, self-driven and motivated full-time Experience Designer. The group is based in our New York City, New York Office. The role can be hybrid remote/office based from a variety of US locations, not limited to those listed. Full-time virtual / remote work will be considered.
NOTE: Periodic travel to our New York City office will be required.
This role will be responsible for design of innovative offerings in the AECO (Architecture, Engineering, Construction, and Owner) space. You will provide design direction, execution, and support in digital, physical, and hybrid environments. Scope of design includes design research, graphic and interactive media design, and digital design.
As part of the Digital Solutions Studio, you will be a key part of our design-oriented, technologically-fluent team. We are focused on advancing the current state of practice and seeking new opportunities for augmented practice models, services, and products. As the hub for the Global Buildings + Places Design Technologies Center of Excellence, our mission is to elevate AECOM at the intersection of design and technology, and serve as a model and expertise resource for the company.
The Studio engages with subject matter experts in architecture, engineering, planning, sustainability, project and program management, strategy, and asset advisory services. Our services and products teams collaboratively develop innovative, explorative solutions as we advance technologically augmented practice and improve the built environment.
You must be driven with the ability to develop conceptual, sometimes abstract, design ideas, and understand complex workflows. You will be able to translate them into novel products, services, and collateral that is human-focused and user-centric. Comfort working with incomplete information is important.
As the Digital Solutions Studio is a key component of Global B+P's Design Technologies Center of Excellence, a design-first, technologically-fluent team is needed to work in the exploration and scaling phases of innovative service and product offerings. This position fills a key gap between raw ideation and full-scale optimization for AECOM's strategic innovation initiatives.
This position is expected to begin in October 2022
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Conduct design research and produce resulting documentation, including:
* Client discovery
* Needs assessment
* Solution & precedent research
* Develop design direction and vocabulary
* Create user-flow diagrams and wireframes for digital products and services
* Develop application mockups
* Develop design prototypes
* Design UI elements
* Follow and augment AECOM and Digital Solutions brand guidelines
* Manage work priorities for multiple projects
* Participate and/ or lead in collaborative team environments
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team over 50,000 strong driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Buildings + Places
AECOM's Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture.
With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions.
Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc. and many Fortune 500 companies.
* 6 years of experience in similar or related roles
* Bachelor's degree in a design field (industrial, architectural, interiors, interaction, graphic, digital, etc.) or equivalent combination of experience and education
* Demonstrated people and team leadership skills
* Desire to work in a collaborative environment
* Familiarity with project-based and product-based business models
* Strong verbal and presentation skills
* Strong typography and graphic design skills
* Familiarity with one or more Design Thinking methodologies
* User-centric design approach
* Experience developing and implementing trans-platform visual design systems
* Proficiency in UX tools, such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD
* Proficiency in Adobe CS suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere) or equivalent
* Familiarity with Agile development processes
* Time management and organizational skills
* Relocation is not available for this position
* Exempt Position: Offered rate of compensation (Colorado locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $68,178 - $126,129
* AECOM encourages, but does not require, its employees to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. However, this position is on a project or a worksite, which requires workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved accommodation must be received in order to enter an AECOM or worksite location in New York City, NY
* For immediate consideration please log onto our website www.aecom.com and search job # 273530BR
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Engineering Design
Business Line B&P - Buildings & Places
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 273530BR
Additional Locations US - Charlotte, NC - URS Two South Executive Park,6135 Park, US - Concord, CA - One Concord Center, US - Denver, CO - 717 17th St, US - Denver, CO - 7595 East Technology Way, US - Egg Harbor Township, NJ, US - Fort Collins, CO - 1601 Prospect Pkwy, US - Greenwich, CT, US - Jersey City, NJ - 35 Journal Square, US - Melville, NY - 200 Broadhollow Road, US - New York, NY - 30 Broad Street, US - New York, NY - 605 Third Ave, US - New York, NY - One Penn Plaza, US - Staten Island, NY - 1100 Muldoon Avenue, US - Tampa, FL - One Metro Center, US - Washington, DC - 1331 Pennsylvania Ave NW, US - Washington, DC - 1700 G Street, US - WASHINGTON, DC - 2000 K Street, NW, US - Washington, DC - 400 Maryland Ave SW, US - Wilmington, DE - 1013 Centre Rd, US - Wilmington, DE - 119 Lower Beech Street
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Agile Methodology