AVP, Property Casualty Marketing Manager - Washington D.C.
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Marketing Manager will reside in Washington D.C. supporting a Washington D.C. and Richmond branches in the Mid-Atlantic Region. The Marketing Manager has direct and full marketing functions for assigned branches, and will be active in the office(s) and marketplace. This leadership position's core responsibility is to lead branch sales and distribution efforts. The Marketing Manager is accountable for implementing and executing internal sales processes, driving profitable growth opportunities for all segments and products, instilling a sales culture, assisting the Branch Manager and Business Unit Managers with strategic planning and execution, Contingent Income administration, and effectively managing our distribution through agency planning, new appointments, terminations, and increased penetration. All types of distribution are represented in the territory, including multinational brokers, interstate and large regional agencies and local independents. Support of other branch territories in the region might be anticipated in this role as well.
Additional responsibilities for this function include:
* Identifying, analyzing and developing sources of desirable new business opportunities from existing and new market relationships
* Providing leadership in accessing opportunities for growth in each segment and product as well as working with managers to identify, articulate and execute priorities
* Coordinating and directing the branch's cross-selling efforts, pipeline management and production meetings
* Assisting businesses with the development of employee sales/marketing skills including effective marketplace visibility
* Identifying and sharing information regarding competitor products and underwriting
* Acting as a training resource for producer management, competitor analysis, and sales skills
* Maintaining open and timely communication with each branch regarding marketing and business updates, initiatives, local conditions and producer compensation/results
* Working on projects in support of the branch, region, and business priorities around prospecting, account management and broker mapping, as examples
* Distribution Analysis of existing and future distribution partners, understanding the share of wallet across the Mid Atlantic Footprint and building a plan to expand and contract where necessary to drive growth to Chubb
* Marketplace visibility connecting resources internally and externally to generate business for the Mid-Atlantic Region
* Demonstrated ability to create strategic plans, implement programs and processes, organize resources, manage priorities and motivate people
* Advanced proficiency in marketing, negotiation, communication and problem solving
* Proven ability to generate positive results
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence others
* Exceptional internal and external relationship management skills
* Strong understanding of all types of agency operations
* Strong account management skills
* Comprehensive knowledge of Chubb products and services
* Ability to effectively articulate Chubb's philosophy and market strategies
* Demonstrated effective personal organization/time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Underwriting and/or business development experience is preferred.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent in education and experience
- Account Management
- Business Priorities
- Business Relationship Management
- Competitive Intelligence