WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Design Build Manager - Bridge Structures
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
As part of our Design Build/Alternative Delivery team, the Design Build Structures Manager will be a resource that is a strong Structural Engineering Project Management professional for our Design Build/Alternative Delivery group, and may be tasked with serving as the structures lead, deputy design manager, or design manager for Design-Build projects. The Design Build Structures Manager will be responsible for the quality of Structural Engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, branding with respect to the reputation of the individual offices, contract management and project profitability for Design-Build projects with a focus on structures. The Design Build Structures Manager will also direct and coordinate the activities of Project Engineers, Engineers and Technicians to ensure the project progresses on schedule and within the prescribed budget.
- Coordination with all complimentary disciplines (roadway, drainage, traffic, public involvement and environmental), technical preparation and supervision of bridge and structures design tasks, perform plan quality reviews and participate in value engineering studies.
- Full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project, scope, schedule, design, quality, staff, etc.
- Initiates and reviews proposals and sales activities as well as leads and participates in interviews and presentations.
- Represents Michael Baker International at meetings, presentations and public hearings relative to assigned projects.
- Supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project including the coordination of the project with City, State and County officials and other outside agencies.
- Reviews plans, prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents and estimates.
- Assures the project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints
- Develops and mentors less experienced staff.
- Performs work with the preparation of bridge and structures design using local (State, County or City) or AASHTO standards at both conceptual and final design levels.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationship with clients and consultants and monitor engagement to develop a deeper understanding of the client.
- Minimum of 15 overall years of experience with specific, demonstrated Structures Manager, Deputy Design Manager, or Design Manager and/or Project Manager experience on Design Build / Alternative Delivery projects for transportation and bridge projects.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE), preferably in Texas with Texas experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the role of Project/Design Manager for Design Build projects.
- Demonstrated Quality Control / Quality Assurance experience.
- Able to foster collaboration between technical and management teams working from other locations.
- Ability to travel for work as needed.
- Well-developed communications skills and ability to clearly and concisely express project issues and analysis as it pertains to business and technical concerns to executive management, commercial and finance colleagues, technical colleagues and peers.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently and in groups.
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules, and priorities.
- Ability to generate ideas, make recommendations and come to consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively problem solve complex issues.
- Experience working on large DOT projects a plus.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Construction Management
- Contract Management