To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Global Corporate Compensation
Hilton Corporate • US-Nationwide
Posted 9 days ago
Our Global HR team partners with our business leaders to attract, retain, and develop Hilton's most important asset, our Team Members.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Global Corporate Compensation you will design, implement, and lead administration and communication of the Hilton's global corporate compensation programs, in support of strategic compensation objectives. You will ensure all programs are compliant and satisfy legal requirements as well as provide support to and prepare materials/presentations for the Executive Team. You will also assist in developing and implementing a global total rewards philosophy, operating principles, and strategy. In addition, you will lead and develop the Compensation team as well as work with and support the respective compensation leadership for Executive Compensation, Field Compensation – Americas, APAC and EMEA.
This role can sit either in McLean, VA or Memphis, TN.
More specifically, you will:
- Execute strategies for compensation programs within the company's strategic goals.
- Implement plans for identified business opportunities for Hilton's compensation programs and direct accordingly.
- Cultivate global compensation systems for solutions to strategic compensation needs.
- Develop an execution plan to implement long term goals for the compensation department that become the basis for short term goals and annual operational planning.
- Build out processes in relation to all corporate compensation procedures and programs.
- Implement direction by executive management to ensure the overall strategic direction of the Compensation team is consistent with and supported by Human Resources, Legal and Finance.
- Identify and handle resources and activities of compensation department and confers as appropriate with key partners and departments (HR, legal), so objectives are accomplished.
- Direct the grouping of and assignment of tasks, while ensuring optimal allocation of resources.
- Ensure the communication plan, as established by the department head, is properly executed.
- Evaluate and streamline our business processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness across our team.
- Lead the cross-functional links between finance and IT/HRIS and other HR staff.
- Implement measurements of compensation programs to ensure effectiveness, usage and awareness.
- Provide direction and directives to the team members in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities and in achieving management objectives.
- Supervise effective partnerships with vendors.
- Maintain relationships with department heads across the organization in order to meet departmental needs.
- Participate in industry compensation groups to ensure Company's competitive position within the industry.
- Ensure appropriate talent is identified in compliance with department staffing plan.
- Develop current talent to achieve greater strategic goals and performance.
- Evaluate staffing needs and lead the recruiting, selecting, hiring, training and developing of team members.
- Work with direct reports on goals to assist in accomplishing department initiatives and career objectives.
- Direct and implement proper controls to ensure that compensation remains competitive and equitable throughout the organization.
- Implement and maintain systems to administer compensation programs.
- Ensure the business plan and goals are being followed and achieved, provide feedback or revise the plan, if needed.
- Establish and implement compensation policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company.
- Work within established departmental budget.
- Review and make appropriate adjustments in activities and expenses throughout the fiscal year to ensure optimal financial results.
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Leaders who excel at mentorship, provide effective performance feedback to direct reports, and communicate results and areas for improvement, all while leading by example.
- Persuasive communicators who will positively influence Hilton's partners, as well as communicate effectively at all levels.
- Problem solvers who are passionate about enabling Hilton to grow market share in a dynamic industry and who love to combine their analytical skills with business insight.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Ten (10) years professional experience
- Five (5) years of compensation experience with large global population
- Four (4) years leadership experience
- Willingness to travel occasionally as required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- CCP Certification
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!