Travel Required: None Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! This position will be providing the support to the Combined Air Operations Center (CAOC.) Our team works hard to ensure that the warfighter is able to complete the mission and ensure success through our dedication to the task, being determined to do the job right and dependable whenever called upon. Serving at either the CONUS location at Shaw AFB, located in Sumter, SC as well as OCONUS at Al Udied Air Base, Qatar.
Enterprise Systems Administration Support
- Position shall operate, maintain, administer and manage Enterprise systems server and client hardware, software, applications and services
- Perform all technical support and O&M activities for supported Enterprise systems
- Provide Tier 2 technical support
- Install, configure, operate, manage, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, inspect and maintain server systems (physical and virtual), including administration of core and functional services
- Manage and administer user accounts, profiles and access
- Monitoring user access and adherence to established policies and procedures to ensure a secure operating environment
- Monitor workstation and server logs for errors and failures and perform appropriate troubleshooting and maintenance
- Provide technical assistance for assigned projects
- Provide desktop, server and software application integration support
- Operate and maintain monitoring and analysis tools; and detect, analyze and resolve platform, infrastructure and system problems
- Monitor and control system performance, utilization and capacity to ensure optimal performance, availability, serviceability and recoverability; and report any vulnerabilities or deficiencies to government technical representatives
- Evaluate current architecture, research current technologies/solutions; and provide systems hardware/software upgrade and replacement recommendations for end-of- life/end-of-support COTS products to government technical representatives
- Assist with the tracking and management of COTS licenses, warranties, service level agreements renewals for systems equipment and software
- Coordinate with system program offices (or commercial vendors) and implement approved hardware/software changes, upgrades and enhancements, as directed by the Government
- Update and maintain as-built systems/server configuration and connectivity drawings, diagrams and documentation, and publish semi-annually
- Develop and submit an Enterprise System Administration Monthly Status Report
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.