Process Control, Engineer – Level 2
Cleveland Cliffs is looking to hire a Process Control, Engineer for the Coatesville location. The following primary position responsibilities and key position requirements are intended to provide an overview of the position, but no all-inclusive.
As a Process Control Engineer at Cleveland Cliffs, you can expect to see your work everywhere; the steels you work with every day are used in building nations. Ideal candidates enjoy hands-on, challenging, family-like environments and are looking for opportunities to develop further in their career.
- Design, programming, documentation and support for the existing Level 2 (application and HMI) system.
- Transition level 2 system from VMS based platforms to virtual VMS and Windows platforms.
- Responsible for addressing issues that may impact production or system reliability. Implement system upgrades.
- Proactively handle quality and reliability issues.
- Work with vendors on products and performance issues
- Staying current with technology advancements in industrial controls.
- Support environmental activity, continuous improvement, and corporate initiatives
- Identify and manage activities necessary to maintain equipment to tightest industry standards, enabling the production of the highest quality steel used in demanding applications.
- Communicate with outside departments within the plant and in other Cleveland Cliffs facilities to ensure a continuous operational flow.
- Various other duties as needed to support the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Computing/Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology with at least two years of work-related experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels or the organization.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
- Manufacturing industry, Database, VMS experience.
1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that ALL Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company generally does not sponsor candidates for temporary visas or permanent residency for this position.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.