To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Systems Administrator
Octo Consulting Group • St. Louis, MO
Posted 25 days ago
Octo Consulting is searching for a dynamic Senior Systems Administrator to join our growing team that is supporting the Intelligence Community. To be considered, you must have an active and current TS/SCI security clearance. The work location is Springfield, VA with occasional meetings at Octo’s Headquarters in Reston, VA.
The Sr. Cloud Systems Administrator is a member of the program leadership team and has historically been the client site senior team member. This means the customer will likely turn to this person first for advice and support. In this role, the successful candidate will need to be savvy and tactful to manage communications and help convey necessary details back to the software team at Octo’s Headquarters. This is a unique opportunity that couples team leadership with both traditional Systems Administration & Cloud Infrastructure Administration.
Your job duties will include:
- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing servers, network devices and firewalls.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems
- Administer and support core Microsoft, AWS and Cloud technologies
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
- Assist with preparing for deployments and new operational COTS installations
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- To be consider, you must possess a current and active TS/SCI security clearance, with the ability to obtain a poly.
- Hands on experience in hardware resource provisioning
- Knowledge of application deployment and data migration on AWS
- Ability to design and operate high availability applications across availability zones and availability regions
- Ability to design applications taking advantage of disaster recovery design guidelines
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools
- Experience in Networking – Direct Connect/VPC, NACL’s, security groups, etc.,
- Ability to work closely with business to understand and incorporate non-functional requirements in the application architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related technical degree required and 10+ years’ experience with system administration, system patching and related duties
- Understanding of Microsoft domain and networking technologies.
- Comprehension of computer technology and ability to quickly learn related concepts and new software products.
- Experience with Remedy ticketing system
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience configuring and maintaining Windows 2008R2 and Windows 2012R2 Servers
- ITIL Foundations certification
- Security+ certification
- Good oral and written communications skills with experience in delivering to a Government customer
- Experience serving in an “on-call” role supporting emergency response to application or system issues