To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA 19107
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager of Operational Excellence
Aramark • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
Manager of Operational Excellence (OpX)
Aramark is seeking a Manager of OpX to join our team supporting our client, Amtrak, within our Logistics Services line of business.
Key Role Objectives and Impact:
Partner with GMs, DMs, PTI team, Controller and VPO, as well as fully engage with field teams in efforts to drive innovation and leverage technology to improve operational efficiencies and deliver financial savings to our client, Amtrak.
Areas of Responsibility include:
- Operational project management – lead or be involved with all operational optimization activities within the account
- Project implementation and ongoing execution – Top-Off models; TPS; warehouse efficiency improvements; 6S; Shift Manager Facility Walk-Through Assessment/GoSpotCheck
- Enhanced process flow initiatives – focused on improving operational efficiencies and safety
- Business process compliance – collaborate with unit Business Managers, regional PTI/Finance team to support consistent execution throughout system; conduct routine BPC audits
- BPC SOP execution – W2W Transfers; WIMS transaction process accuracy; SharePoint resource maintenance
- Business Rules, CounterMeasures, National Kitting – drive execution and ongoing maintenance
- Month-end inventory process optimization – drive improved SOP compliance, accuracy and shrink results throughout each location
- Spoilage mitigation – drive SOP compliance and develop related initiatives such as "use today" labeling; expiration dating; FIFO optimization
- Acela First Class/GGI and York Street Market – prioritized focus on high cost products; identify improvement opportunities with purchasing levels, downcounting, storage/rotation, vendor accountability
- Amtrak F&B Director collaboration – work closely to help analyze spoilage reporting results and identify areas of improvement and follow-up
- Safety related initiatives – support and partner with DSLs on JHAs, equipment assessments, SAFE observations analysis, exposures elimination, safety policy compliance
- SOP development and training – new equipment; existing equipment updates; new processes; drive "Tell-Show-Do-Feedback" training model
- Safety Training compliance – monitor new hire onboarding and annual re-training requirements; ensure accurate tracking on SharePoint
- KRONOS champion and resource – full understanding of KRONOS; leverage Aramark resources; support all GMs on utilizing tool effectively
- Labor Management – develop and drive improved labor management and overtime mitigation strategies, tools and resources
- Continually assess the demands of the business to ensure the appropriate amount of labor is used; eliminate waste
- Work with GMs and Finance to understand labor budget (FTEs, headcount, OT, labor projection
- QA process – elevate execution and compliance with all QA tools to achieve flawless consistency with all builds, strips, OBOs, transfers and all related transactions
- QC Culture – support field with ensuring that all locations have full QC clerk staffing, with 100% implementation of the QA process
- Centralized Purchasing – work with PTI team and support the field with implementation and optimization to achieve desired results (optimal inventory and DOH levels; product transfer and corrective cycle count needs)
- Vendor Management – partner with PTI team and unit Buyers to help resolve vendor challenges; support Product Recall process; drive Buying Guide compliance
- Ensure month-end inventory is being performed at optimum time to ensure accurate counting, completed transactions, efficient use of labor (eliminate unnecessary OT and waste)
- KPI Metrics & Report Suite – drive the education of Report Suite and KPI criteria with all GMs in the system to drive achievement of optimal business and financial results
- Equipment Repair Logbook/Tracker – support full compliance and timely submissions to drive optimal cost controls of repair and maintenance costs
- "Think Tank" participation – brainstorm innovation, technology and process improvement needs with DMs/VPO/Regional Team; attend industry-related conferences and trade shows
- Problem Solver – deepen knowledge of business complexities to effectively identify key operational issues, determine root causes and develop sustainable solutions
- Implementation and OpX Updates – prepare report-outs for presentation during client business reviews, internal quarterly business reviews, and as required
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to relate well, influence and collaborate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals
- Proven project management skills and experience
- Six Sigma background
- Strong computer skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Able to build effective PowerPoint/Prezi presentation decks
- Proven ability to lead, develop and impact high performance teams
- Ability to communicate and work well with cross-functional teams and at all levels in the organization (internal and external)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities from diverse levels of management
- Results-oriented focus to ensure delivery of operational reports and services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion
- High level of self-initiative and the ability to prioritize, work independently and manage time effectively
- Strong Financial Acumen
- Ability to travel 50 to 75% of the time with a good portion to NYC/DC/Wilmington, DE
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran