An ESS substitute teacher assists with classroom instruction in the absence of a regular teacher. This person follows and teaches lesson plans, aids students in understanding subject matter, and ensures that regular classroom routines are followed.
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher is absent
- Review and implement regular teacher's routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration
- Perform other duties as directed by school administration
For a complete job description of a substitute teacher, URL blocked - click to apply.
- Certified - Bachelor's Degree and TX Educator Certification
- Non-Certified - High School Diploma or GED
- State/FBI Criminal History Clearance
Learn how to get hired with ESS:
URL blocked - click to apply
As leaders in the education staffing space since 2000, ESS specializes in placing qualified staff in daily, long-term, and permanent K-12 school district positions including substitute teachers, school aides, and other school support staff. With more than 700 school district partners throughout the US, ESS supports the education of more than 2.5 million students every day. We provide our employees the ability to work in school districts across the country in addition to benefits, comprehensive training, flexible work schedules, and professional development. Visit ESS.com to learn more and help to improve education for every student, every day.
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.