Empowering people who build the future.
Gerdau Long Steel North America is a leader in mini-mill steel production and steel recycling in North America, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 10 million metric tons of mill finished steel products. Through a vertically integrated network of mini-mills, scrap recycling facilities and downstream operations, the company serves customers throughout the U.S. and Canada, offering a diverse and balanced product mix of merchant steel, rebar, structural shapes, fabricated steel, flat rolled steel and wire rod. Gerdau is the largest recycler in the World. Each year, we transform millions of tons of scrap into steel that is used to build the future.
Why you'll love it here
At Gerdau it’s all about the people. Gerdau's growth is based on our purpose and on a vision focused on excellence. The measures of performance are customer satisfaction, the personal and professional growth of each employee, our communities, and the World. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity, encouraging innovation and creating products that serve humanity.
This is your purpose:
Responsible for high volume transaction processing and responding to vendor and internal inquiries with a customer service focus. Processing includes the entry of Accounts Payable transactions including 3-way match, the intake and sorting of incoming correspondence from vendors (mail, e-mail, fax), as well as identifying exceptions to the standard processes according to the Procure to Pay policies. Reports to Mill Controller with overall process guidance available from Procure to Pay resources.
What you will do:
- Receive, review and prepare multi-currency invoices according to standard procedures for entry into AP module for payment
- Accurate and timely Accounts Payable entries into an integrated ERP system to realize all eligible cash discounts where appropriate and meet A/P’s processing SLA’s and KPI’s
- Ensure proper tax codes are applied to vendor invoices per policy
- Properly identify, log and forward exceptions for error resolution utilizing the systems in place
- Communicate with vendors and internal personnel in a timely and professional manner to resolve issues
- Assure compliance with all company and legal/regulatory requirements (SOX, OFAC, internal/external audit, and IRS)
- Run and maintain standard reports associated with accounts payable activities
- Review and communicate about root causes of exceptions to buyers where possible
- Other projects as assigned by management.
What you have:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of accounts payable or related field experience accompanied with a high school diploma, or no relevant experience with a business-related degree
- Software Experience:
- MS Office products, especially Excel.
- Lawson and SAP preferred
- Problem solving capabilities
- High volume processing experience
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail; dependable and flexible
- Able to work effectively in a team environment, as well with customers and external parties
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment