The CRS is part of the person centered integrated care team and responsible for greeting patients as they arrive, check-in/check-out, verifying demographics and collecting co-pays, if applicable. This may include primary care, dental, behavioral health and specialist appointments. This position is fast-paced, requiring continuous interactions with co-workers and patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – JOB SPECIFIC
• Greet patients as they arrive and stay consistent with the company’s customer service philosophy
• Manage consumer appointments, confirm appointments and alert patients if they need to bring any information to appointment (co-pays, past due balances, paperwork for PAP and/or sliding fee scale)
• Data Entry into EHR systems
• Completes financial paperwork, ensuring all required forms are completed in entirety
• Verify insurance/demographic information at each visit and update if necessary
• Collect co-pays, when applicable
• Answer phone in polite and courteous manner
• Direct phone calls and messages to appropriate office staff
• Monitors waiting area to ensure timeliness of appointments
• Check provider’s schedule daily for additions
• Receive daily reports from MIS for information needed on patients that have upcoming appointments
• Balances daily batch and turns in money collected for the day to Office Supervisor or Regional Office Manager, when applicable
• Disperse Daily Mail
• Ensure lobby/waiting area is clean and picked up
• Regular attendance except as excused.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
• Conducts self in accordance with employee manual.
• Attend all training as required by company, Accreditors and Funders.
• Keep abreast of any updates/changes regarding insurance and communicate those to Office Supervisor
• Communicate any changes/updates discovered through other means to Office Supervisor
• Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – COMPANY WIDE
• Regularly attends work except for approved absences
• Attends all training as required
• Maintain professional, “champion” behavior
• Provides quality customer service
• Provides services with a commitment to service excellence
• Works in a way that exhibits a commitment to personal excellence
• Team Oriented and Values Diversity
High School/GED preferred
At least one year experience in customer service required
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
Resolve Customer Issue