Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
The Director Supply Chain Logistics – Transportation will leverage their experience to improve transportation performance across the supply chain network in the Central Business Unit. This position will be an integral part of the leadership team and be tasked with delivering transportation savings while improving the performance of the regional network. The Director Supply Chain Logistics - Transportation will work with the bakeries and distribution centers (DCs) across the assigned business to oversee and lead the transportation strategy which includes (but is not limited to): fleet sizing; route analysis and recommendations; common carrier selection; routing guide development; and KPI/metric implementation. In addition to working with the regional operations leadership, will align to the corporate transportation organization to develop and implement projects that improve performance within the business. The position will also maintain alignment with other Supply Chain Logistics leaders to support the overall transportation strategy for the Company.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Transportation Optimization: continuously assess, analyze the transportation network and strategy across the business. Determine optimal design to achieve lowest possible cost scenario and while improving delivery effectiveness.
- Leads cost savings programs, productivity improvement projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Drive changes necessary with individual transportation operation leaders to improve overall transportation effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage 3rd party dedicated contracts and dedicated contract negotiations with Corporate Transport team.
- Manage 3rd party transactional carrier relationships for cost and service performance.
- Work with Corporate team on executing RFP’s (request for proposals) as individual transport operations have requirements to change carriers or outsource certain activities. Ensure a competitive process in place to make dedicated carrier selections and changes.
- Develops and implements a routing guide to drive common carrier spend to the right carriers, as well as develops a process to ensure routing guide compliance.
- Develops and implements a management system designed around key performance Indicators that will measure and improve our delivery performance, asset utilization, customer quality and driver efficiency.
- Participates in real estate renewal and new location process for sales centers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Manages relationships with carrier/courier companies and other transportation-related vendors that provide services to the region.
- Ability to complete meaningful analysis of the regional transportation network and to effectively communicate this analysis to management and executives.
- Ability to motivate and direct the work of teammates at multiple facilities in the designated region.
- Monitors the bakery and DC freight claims process to ensure refunds are processed for the region.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
____________________________________________________________________________ Education and Work History:
- Strong interactive and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Understands how to effectively execute activities on time and on budget.
- Works collaboratively with cross functional team members to gain their support and alignment.
- Ability to glean insight from data and provide team with recommendations; Skilled at identifying areas for growth/gap.
- Desire to learn and progress in career development; has a continuous curiosity and desire to keep discovering new things about the business.
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple projects under tight timeline.
- Maintenance of the confidentiality of any personal or company information encountered.
- Attention to detail, high level of accountability and accuracy.
• Bachelor's Degree required in Transportation, Supply Chain or Logistics. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- At least eight years of experience in transportation.
- Previous supervisory/management experience in a transportation environment is preferred.
- Experience with dynamic routing tools is a plus, as is experience with imports/exports.
- Ability to communicate with all levels across the organization: executives, management, and warehouse teammates.
- Demonstrated ability to effect cost reductions and/or improvements to asset-based transportation network across multiple facilities.
- Previous experience in managing multiple sites providing both in-bound and out-bound services.
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal communication.
- Planning and organizational skills; basic proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Attention To Detail