We are a company where you can have an impact. Company is a rapidly growing software company, providing digital ecommerce solutions in a global market. At Company we work hard while keeping a fun, collaborative and casual culture. We are passionate about what we do and work with a diverse and talented team.
Our corporate office is in downtown Santa Barbara and our European office is in Amsterdam. We are changing the way software is bought and sold on-line and are passionate about helping software companies of all sizes be exceptional at selling worldwide. We live by our mission, vision and values every day as we’re building an ecommerce platform we believe in.
The position will be key to the future growth of the company. This individual will be leading the budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, and financial analysis processes, as well as other special projects, as needed. This role will provide support to senior management, including preparing board and financial presentations. This function provides key metrics, insights and support to ensure ‘optimal’ business decision making. This position will also be instrumental in deciding on new tools and processes for the finance department as we continue on our growth trajectory.
- Work closely with Department Heads to establish expectations for budget and forecast purposes and to identify variances from budget and forecast projections
- Lead annual budgeting process
- Lead quarterly forecast process
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modeling tools
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Quarterly and monthly financial reporting to senior management, investors and other key stakeholders
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in various projects and departments
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Department Heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Special projects assigned, as needed.
- Regular attendance is required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA/Masters highly preferred
- 5+ years experience as Manager or Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Strong leadership skills required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Analytics (e.g., Looker, Tableau) and PowerPoint skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Experience in a growth company establishing finance processes procedures, including implementation of new tools and software
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity