We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company \u2013 and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are hugeResponsibilities
The shipping forklift Driver performs various job functions to support the operation of the Shipping Department. The duties range from cleaning the warehouse to transporting material from the production area to the warehouse. The forklift driver must also have knowledge with operating propane filling and dispensing equipment. Working in varying temperatures following weather patterns and working in dusty environments is expected. This list is not all-inclusive.
- Must operate forklift for extended periods of time.
- Deliver material to the warehouse that is ready for shipment and verify that it is labeled correct.
- When material is brought to the warehouse it is to be staged with like Sales Order numbers.
- Material is to be placed in straight neatly stacked rows to make use of all available space in the warehouse.
- Perform visual inspection on material following Unilin’s procedures and notify Team Leader of any discrepancies.
- Point out damaged material to the Team Leader from the responsibly department.
- Remove and replace material damaged by forklift driver and report to Team Leader.
- Reattach any runners that maybe missing from pallet before loading on the carrier.
- Understand the amounts on the pallet tags and make sure they correspond with what is given to the Shipping Clerk.
- Read and understand packaging instructions for material being loaded.
- Load trucks as scheduled or as directed by Team Leader.
- Operate the shipping yard truck.
- Move trailers with the yard truck to facilitate loading and unloading of material.
- Ensure that all BOL’s accurately reflect the contents of the material being loaded for shipment.
- Turn in a signed copy of the BOL for every truck loaded.
- Assist with taking packaging supplies inside the plant and putting them in the correct location.
- Perform maintenance checks on lifts and keep engine compartment free of dust build up.
- Assist with keeping warehouse clean and organized.
- Communicate any problems or ideas that you have to the Shipping Team Leader.
- Organize master pallets and help scrape and cover metal pallets when needed.
- Sort cover boards and assist in tagging stock material when needed.
- Help inventory material when asked.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Forklift experience preferred.
Experience in a manufacturing environment helpful, but not required.
Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time on concrete.
Must be able to lift, push or pull 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces.
Must be able to wear hearing protection, eye protection, and steel toe shoes.
Must be able to make repetitive motions involving twisting and turning.
Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
Must be able to climb on and work around machinery resulting in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
Must be able to sit and drive a forklift on uneven driving surfaces.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled About Mohawk
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Packaging And Labeling