To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wexford, PA 15090
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HHA - Home Health Aide
PSA Healthcare • Wexford, PA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for providing personal care, household assistance and assistance with daily living activities that improve quality of life by allowing our patients to remain in their home while adhering to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide services that are ordered by the physician in the plan of care within the scope of practice per state law
• Perform, assist, evaluate and document medical care, such as:
o Basic first aid
o Read and record vital (temperature, pulse, respiration)
o Range of motion exercises
o Ambulation, transfer and positioning with wheelchairs and other non-life support medical equipment and devices
o Prepare meals according to dietary and nutritional needs
o Care for patient’s special conditions and needs within scope of authorized tasks
• Help patient maintain good personal hygiene, such as:
o Assistance with bathing, toileting, grooming, shaving, skin and nail care, oral hygiene, dressing and eating
• Assist with household management, such as:
o Home safety and sanitation
o Infection control
o General light housekeeping, laundry, and shopping specific to patient
• Thorough completion and coordination of all required documentation, such as:
o Maintaining and completing the necessary patient/family and Company documentation records upon conclusion of each visit
o Observe and report significant changes in patient’s condition to the (RN) Nursing Supervisor
• High school graduate or GED
• Current CPR certification
• Ongoing Education:
o A Home Health Aide must receive at least 12 hours of in-service training during each 12-month period. In-service training may occur while an aide is furnishing care to a patient.
• Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with aide care and policies and procedures
Additional state specific requirements:
• Continuing Education as required by state
o Successful completion of Nurse Aide training and competency evaluation program pursuant to the requirements of 42 CFR part 483, Subpart D; or
o Health Care or Personal Care credentialing program recognized and approved by the state; or
o Successful completion of 40 hour training program provided by a private home care provider which addresses at least the areas specified in the PHCP rules
o Appropriate clearing of Illinois Department of Public Health – Health Care Worker Registry,
o Successful completion of Long-Term Care Assistants and Aides Training Programs Code; or
o Documentation of current registration from another state; or
o Successful completion of a Nursing Arts Program which included at least 40 hours of supervised clinical experience from an accredited nursing program as evidenced by diploma, certificate or other written verification from the school and proof of successful completion of the written portion of the Department established nursing assistant competency test; or
o Successful completion of a US military Training Program that includes the content of the Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program as evidenced by a diploma, certification DD-214, or other written verification and successful completion of the written portion of the Department-established nursing assistant competency evaluation Proof of completion of a nursing program in a foreign country.
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Good organization and communication skills
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Must have strong sense of smell and touch
• Must be able to sufficiently reposition patients and move equipment without assistance
• Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally to emergency situations in the home or during transport
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requisition ID: R0009337