SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
To develop new business with existing and potential SGS/OCM customers and maintain current customer accounts.
- To provide technical, operational and after sales support to all OCM locations and OCM customers.
- To continuously suggest improvements to the SOFIA suite of software
- Improve level of auto-diagnostics for all SGS affiliates
- Provide technical training for SGS OCM employees.
- Perform diagnostic services on an as needed basis
- Assist the Affiliates with customer projects/presentations.
- Provide technical support and guidance to existing and new clients, both domestic & international to cement and create sound business relationships.
- Assist the remainder of the Sales team to prepare global customer quotations in particular with assignments of a technical nature through presentations, quotations and projects.
- Support the global OCM business in technical issues in the lab and technical issues with customer
- Assemble customer/account management information included in Management Information (MI) packs
- Recommend to Senior Management proposals for improving operational standards and capital investment to maintain and/or increase the company’s market share and profitability.
- Assist in the sales process on new revenue producing opportunities and sales strategies.
- Assess software programs from a technical and customer improvement to help improve functionality and accuracy of information stored and delivered digitally
- Lead proper completion of laboratory round robin programs
- Participate in 24hour/7day coverage by rotation to maintain effective operations.
- Ensure full compliance with the Company’s Code of Integrity & Professional Conduct, and act in accordance with SGS UK’s Equality & Diversity Policy, and ensure others do so.
- At all times, adopt a safe behavior by exercising due regard for the health and safety of yourself, colleagues and clients, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Experience in a role requiring daily interface with customers with a particular focus on service delivery.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the OCM industry.
- GED/High School Diploma required
- Extensive experience working in an analytical or business development role.
- MLA Level III, OMA II, CLS, and/or MLE is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
- Business Development
- Account Management
- Market Share
- Sales Process
- Technical Support