To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minnetonka, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Pharmacy Technician - Lake Mary, FL (Job Fair)
UnitedHealth Group • Minnetonka, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Join Us at Our Pharmacy Virtual Career Fair
Tuesday, June 11, 2019 from 11:00am to 2:00pm EDT
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to chat with recruiters and learn more about our exciting Pharmacy Technician opportunities! Register here for the event
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It's a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life - saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information.
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues.
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion).
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Position in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Dispense any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures.
- May compound medications using appropriate components, supplies and sterile / ventilated environment.
- Process, pack and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included.
- May also perform drug / supply ordering and inventory / warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust / calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units.
- Prep and scan documents, verify member / patient data, submit prescription orders in computer system.
- Contact members / patients to validate data, resolve rejected claims, request payment information, establish priority of order or delivery details, consult on medication issues, and set up treatment in on - site facilities.
- Interpret provider prescription and create order, access, input and retrieve prescription and medical / lab information from computer system, verifies whether order/drug is reimbursable / covered.
- Pharmacist monitor and verify all prescription orders upon creation and dispensing.
- Calibrate dosing pumps.
- Pharmacist in this function may also act as the Pharmacist - in - Charge (PIC) which has additional duties to ensure Pharmacy is in compliance with federal and state regulations, professional standards and internal procedures. Note: (If duties are exclusively Rx order creation use Front Pharmacy job function for Clerks, Techs and Supervisors.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Pharmacy Technician licensing and registration as required by the state of FL.
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application.
- Pharmacy / prescription data entry experience (no minimum required)
- Ability to work Monday - Friday (between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.) and 1 / 2 day Saturdays on a rotational basis
- Have the ability to communicate over the phone
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Pharmacy Technician, Pharm Tech, CPhT, UHG, OptumRx