To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Middletown, DE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Dedicated Transportation Manager
Ruan Transportation - Corporate • Middletown, DE
Posted 21 days ago
Experience - At least 3 year(s)
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Transportation, Supply Chain
Relocation - Yes
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Dedicated Transportation Manager-Position is located in Middletown, DE
This position is responsible for managing one or more dedicated contract transportation accounts to meet customer service expectations and achieve both operational and key performance goals. Monitor key performance metrics and analyze operational variables and implement solutions that positively impact account performance. Develop and maintain a positive workplace culture that supports the company's guiding principles.
- Supervise and provide leadership to build and maintain a strong team through effective communications, recruiting, training, coaching, counseling, appraising and rewarding.
- Manage the operation with integrity to achieve key performance goals. Monitor, analyze and improve all primary variables impacting operating revenue and costs. Act with a sense of urgency to achieve exceptional performance.
- Build a strong partnership with customer(s) through regular professional communication, problem solving and relationship building. Continually assess service performance levels and take timely action to remove performance barriers
- Promote and monitor employee safety and take proactive steps to create a positive safety culture. Partner with customer, internal and external resources as necessary to identify, evaluate and remove safety obstacles. Ensure compliance with safety programs and protocols as well as federal, state and local regulations.
- Embrace, promote and lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Ensure that all team members are properly trained and compliant with standard processes and procedures.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment where team members and their contributions are recognized and valued. Maintain frequent communication with all team members
- Utilize on-site team members to identify operational improvements. Collaborate with other teams to share and learn best practices and leverage resources.
- Properly use the Ruan transportation management systems to ensure all required operational data is accurately captured in a near real-time manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or equivalent work experience. 3-5 years of transportation leadership experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- 3-5 years’ experience in transportation and 2 years supervisory experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, communicating change and developing a team strongly desired.
- Candidates should have strong knowledge of dispatch operations, transportation management and logistic solutions with a broad knowledge in DOT rules and regulation
- Experience conducting business using multiple software systems and processes.
- Strong skill base and comfort with technology including Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and routing or dispatching systems.
Job ID: DB185893611337220
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.