To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huntsville, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Home Health Aide
Compassus • Huntsville, AL
Posted 4 days ago
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families facing the end of life. As a Home Health Aide, you are more than clinical support to the patient; you become an integral part of the family’s experience. For many of our team members, this is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of patients and families? Join our team today as a Home Health Aide to positively impact the experience of our patients and families.
The Home Health Aide is responsible for carrying out assigned duties which promote patient comfort and support. As the Home Health Aide, you will provide personal care/hygiene to the home health patient and assist patients with activities of daily living.
- Assist the patient with transfers, exercise and/or ambulation
- Turn and position patients who are bed bound
- Assist with Range of Motion appropriate for the patient as directed by the RN or Therapist
- Assist patients with meals and nutritional support
- Change bed linens and straighten patients’ environment
- Observe and report changes in patient conditions to the case manager
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings as appropriate to coordinate patient care, exchange information, and receive staff support and in-service education
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel to patient homes
Education, Experience, and Certifications
CNA license in state of work required. High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
Connecticut- Certified Nursing Assistant designation by the CT board of nursing.
Maine - Certified Nursing Assistant designation by the ME board of nursing.
Massachusetts - Certified Nursing Assistant designation by the MA board of nursing.
New Hampshire – LNA certification by NH board of nursing.
Michigan – Certified Nursing Assistant License for the state of MI
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.