To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Anaheim, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Advanced Practice Nurse
Compassus • Anaheim, CA
Posted 5 days ago
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
This position will cover the Long Beach/Carson, CA area
“Each morning I look forward to seeing each one of my patients that I have scheduled. Palliative Medicine provides me with the opportunity to discuss patient’s goals for themselves. This is a time when they are feeling very vulnerable and many fear making the right choices, and I am able to act as their advocate and help to explore options that they may have not thought about.”
-Renee, Advanced Practice Nurse
As a Compassus nurse, you have the autonomy to utilize your nursing skills. You are invited into patients’ lives during trying times and have the honor to become a trusted face. For many of our team members, this is more than a career— it’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as an Advanced Practice Nurse to positively impact the experiences of our patients and families.
The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) provides palliative care for patients facing chronic, complex and/or life-threatening conditions at various locations within the flow of patient care. As the Advanced Practice Nurse, you will help the patient and family maintain their maximum level of comfort and coping and serve as a clinical and educational role model and mentor. You will provide care and support in collaboration with the primary care team and ensure compliance with practice standards and codes.
- Perform routine and emergency assessments
- Perform bedside palliative care and patient/family evaluation
- Order treatments and durable medical equipment as indicated
- Consult with palliative care physician or designees as needed, inform primary physician of services provided and collaborate with other physicians as needed
- Assist in all facets of care coordination for palliative care referrals
- Prepare and maintain accurate patient records, charts, and documents to support sound medical practice and reimbursement for services provided
- Effectively communicate patient and family needs to the Inter-Disciplinary Team
- Communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends
Education, Experience, and Certifications
- CNS or Nurse Practitioner License in state of employment
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience; clinical nursing care in oncology, hospice, geriatrics, intensive care preferred
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Board Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care is expected within 18 months of hire.
State Specific Certifications:
- All States except Iowa: Current collaborative physician agreement in place.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.