Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Responsibilities of the Buyer include, but are not limited to:
- Run replenishment routines, plan and order stocked items through our proprietary inventory management and procurement system.
- Possess the ability to source industrial products with strong knowledge of mechanical, industrial and manufacturing parts/products.
- Familiarize yourself in driving the spend through DXP's tier one vendor base using our "Drive the Spend" guidance.
- Manage stocked items to targeted inventory levels, and line fill rates. Monitor the accuracy of planning data and recommend reorder point modifications as appropriate based on usage patterns.
- Inventory and warehouse management.
- Source non-stock requirements and meet customer required delivery dates.
- Assist in resolution of supplier issues. Work with all functions in resolution of billing discrepancies, shipment accuracy, and adherence to expected supplier performance.
- Monitor quality and delivery performance of suppliers.
- Complete and Monitor reports including inventory, procurement, and supplier performance metrics. Develop and execute action plans for substandard performance.
- Respond to customer concerns to ensure parts availability.
- Expedite orders to ensure required delivery dates are met.
- Participate in Special Projects as directed, to include process improvement teams.
Qualifications of the Buyer include, but are not limited to:
- 3 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing or industrial distribution environment
- Experience in MRO, Bearing and Power Transmission and Industrial Supply
- Knowledge of standard purchasing practices and procedures
- Knowledge of nomenclatures for industrial parts
- Use of supplier catalogs and on-line researching
- Purchase Order management and EDI transmittal
- Knowledge specific to the customer engagement, i.e. heavy demand for Cutting Tools or engagement specifically Bearings and PT to have that type of background
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, managers, employees and suppliers.
- Proficiency with SAP as well as personal computers including Microsoft Office Suite, P21 experiences a plus.
Physical Demand: N/A
Working Conditions: Manufacturing
Training/Certifications: CPIM preferred
Shift Time/Overtime: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Education: High School Degree, Bachelor' degree preferred or industry experience
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V
Target Customer Needs