With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ & MHM New England (formerly CBIZ Tofias) is part of the 10th largest accounting*, tax, and advisory services provider in the nation. Our two New England offices are located in URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply and have over 200 people, including over 35 Managing Directors. We uniquely combine national resources with local decision-making by experienced, New England-based professionals who are dedicated to strengthening our clients' financial positions.
We are seeking candidates with Private Equity experience who are interested in providing outsourcing services for PE Funds. The opportunity will include working with CBIZ team members and client personnel at the client location. The team members will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of an In-House tax function including assisting with transaction matters, managing multiple internal and external professional resources, federal, state and foreign compliance and various special projects. We offer an opportunity to work on rewarding, high profile clients with exposure to interesting technical matters using a team approach that allows for great work life balance in a friendly, supportive environment.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Serve as client’s trusted advisor, demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as financial statements, tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Understand the client’s organization, procedures and internal policies
- Responsible for new client development in partnership with upper management; participate in client meetings, presentations and proposal development and meet individual cross serve
- Manage and retain multiple client relationships, engagements and special projects
- Develop overall engagement budget
- Consistently meet charge hour goals
- Responsible for billing and realization on assigned clients; explain variances
- Supervise, train and mentor staff; listen and communicate effectively
- Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
- Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 6 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 3 years supervisory experience
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Proficient use of applicable technology
Financial Statement Analysis