To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, VA 22209
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Arlington, VA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Arlington, Virginia (VA) that is seeking an Audit Manager.
The Audit Manager will support the Audit Director in developing and implementing department strategy as it relates to Department goals, objectives, and standards of excellence in audit. This position requires proven experience in financial statement auditing, internal auditing, project management and problem solving utilizing risk-based audit methodologies and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Lead and supervise financial, operational, and compliance audits
- Serve as coach and mentor for staff in every aspect of the audit, including technical accounting matters, audit techniques, and effective utilization of data
- Ensure work meets professional standards of quality and deadlines are consistently achieved
- Communicate audit findings to management
- Manage follow-up on audit issues and action plans
- Provide input for Audit Committee and executive management reports
- Communicate and coordinate with the external auditors to maximize the external auditors' reliance on the work of the department
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Company goals, strategies, industry metrics and trends, products and services, and business cycles
- Manage business unit relationships to ensure awareness of changes to business risk profiles, and educate and promote audit client control awareness and accountability
- Assist in setting the strategic direction for a value focused internal audit department, in areas including audit methodology, continuous auditing opportunities, and data analysis techniques
- Participate in recruiting and training efforts
- Coach and mentor audit team members for performance and development
- Assist the Audit Director and Chief Audit Executive with the development of the annual audit plan and Department budget
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA required
- CIA, CFE, CISA or MBA a plus
- Public accounting assurance experience in a Big 4 firm
- At least 6 years of experience conducting financial and operational audits for commercial clients Managerial experience preferred
- Current knowledge of GAAP, auditing standards, fraud risks, and control issues
- Experience with CAATS, ACL, IDEA or other data analysis tools
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral/written communication and collaboration skills
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Approximately 25 - 30% travel - both domestic and international business unit locations
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.