Icon has an immediate need for a Mechanic for a 3 month contract-to-hire role in Goldsmith, TX (79741). This position offers the possibility of extension and/or conversion to full-time employment, and pays up to $33.56/hour depending on experience.
If working on engines twice the size of a Kenworth cab truck turns your crank, then here’s your chance to maintain turbines ranging from 6,000 to 25,000 horsepower. DCP has the largest compression fleet in the industry. Our mechanics run diagnostics, and visually inspect and troubleshoot all our mechanical operations to ensure we minimize downtime.
* Troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance on compression stations and engines to improve reliability.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
* Performs repair work, preventive maintenance and overhauls on industrial 4-cycle engines (e.g. Caterpillar, White Superior, and Waukesha), 2-cycle engines (e.g. Integrals), Siemens turbines, pumps, fans, electrical motors, air/gas compressors, Turbo Expanders, hydraulic equipment and parts associated with these items
* Strives for optimum performance and reliability of equipment
* Reads and follows equipment repair manuals
* High school degree or GED
* Sufficient years previous experience as an industrial mechanic
* Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
* Relocation/ Per Diem provided