ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for delivering case management/counseling services for clients and families with a history of substance abuse/addiction.
- Design, implement and monitor individualized treatment plans for clients with substance abuse/addition history
- Assess client needs; investigate their eligibility for services
- Counsel and aids individuals and families requiring agency assistance
- Maintain client records and completes required documentation according to agency and accreditation standards. This may include, but is not limited to data entry, progress notes, activity reports, time sheets and logs
- Coordinate client activities
- Provide hotline coverage, as needed
• Presents individual counseling/group lectures and didactic presentations based on the areas of Relapse Prevention, Addictive Behaviors, and Co-occurring disorders.
• Develops aftercare treatment plans.
• Prepares and leads case presentations to internal staff and contract agency staff
- Assist clients with accessing other services (job training, counseling, housing, medical services, etc.)
- Network with other providers to generate community resources for participants
- May provide supportive counseling in individual and group settings
- May transport consumers to appointments, etc.
OTHER DUTIES: as assigned
MANDATED PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: Providence House is a 24-hour residential program, as such requires staffing at all times. When accepting a position with this agency it is important to know that the regular shift at the time of hiring is subject to change during the course of your employment, and that at times of staff emergencies or special events you may be required to fill shifts other than (instead of) your regular shift. This may include holidays.
DISCLAIMER CLAUSE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: Valid driver’s license required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in human behavioral science such as social work, psychology, sociology, guidance and counseling and child development. Possessing or working towards drug and alcohol treatment credentials, CADC. Substance abuse/addiction counseling experience preferred.