SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer for a multi-year contract supporting the Technical Integration Branch of our Joint Staff J6 government customer.
- Works in an RDT&E laboratory environment with occasional field testing; assesses existing and emergent technology for the Warfighter
- Communications and electronic systems: plans systems and network layouts, installs components, and configures systems, services, and networked devices to meet project requirements; including monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Coordinates with infrastructure Network and SysAd teams to support the R&D project environment
- Performs network and system diagnostics and identifying required corrective actions
- Implements security controls; often in compliance with NSA’s CSfC program
- Configures smart phones (Android) for experimental Operational use
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, STEM, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance and be eligible for Top Secret
Experienced in the following:
- Two (2) years’ experience in high-speed communications, communications engineering, and video teleconferencing,
- Two (2) years’ experience in RF design, installation, integration, configuration and maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
- Three (3) years’ experience in the design, installation, and maintenance of local area networks using workstations, servers, gateway, hubs, routers, bridges, ATM switches, and other data communications architectures.
- Two (2) years’ experience working with bridges, hubs, routers, switches, tunneling techniques, trunking, modems, multiplexers, and military and commercial encryption devices (hardware and software based).
- Two (2) years’ experience interfacing computer equipment with Ethernet (wired and wireless / 10M to 10G), Fibre Channel, satellite, ATM, SONET, T1, or higher conventional and fiber optics circuits.
Desired Skills (one or more of the following):
- Proficiency with Linux
- Proficient with Android OS; navigating and configuring smart phones / end-user devices
- Configuring networks; experience with IP routing (including OSPF, BGP, EBGP, IBGP, BSR, and MPLS protocols), switching, and multicast
- Experience in applying security policies and controls (802.1x, ACS, STIGs, encryption devices)
- Proficiency with VPN devices, and/or Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN)
- Experience with wireless networks, radio frequency spectrum (HF/UHF/VHF).
- Satellite communications (Heavy Earth Terminal Experience, Deployable Tactical Satellite Terminal Experience, or Shipboard Mobile Satcom experience)
- Experience in designing data communications networks, federating networks, implementing VLAN separation, and working in virtualized environment (e.g., VMWare, VSphere, Virtual Switch)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Border Gateway Protocol
Gre (Generic Routing Encapsulation) Tunneling
Multiprotocol Label Switching