SAIC is seeking a principle systems engineer. The GBSD Weapon System is a total replacement of the current Minuteman III weapon system, which is decades over its intended life cycle. The GBSD program is run by the US Air Force and is currently in the Technology Maturation/Risk Reduction phase and just about to complete Milestone B and enter the Engineering and Manufacturing Development phase. The Integration Support Contract provides engineering support for GBSD to the US Air Force, and we are in need of good systems. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a once in a lifetime project.
Responsibilities of the systems engineer will include:
- Advising the government on acquisition decisions
- Supporting major design reviews
- Drafting/revising acquisition and planning documents
- Review of contractor decisions, actions and contract deliverables
- Evaluation of weapon system performance against the system requirements
- Perform other systems engineering responsibilities as needed
- Requirements management and system requirements analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree and 9+ years’ experience in systems engineering of complex systems
- Ability to get a Top Secret clearance
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience with requirements management tools
- Experience with direct support to the customer
- Master’s degree and 12 years’ experience in systems engineering of complex systems
- Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- ICBM experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Systems Engineer
or [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Systems Engineer
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.