Orsini Specialty Pharmacy is a nationwide specialty pharmacy focused on providing exceptional care to patients throughout their journey. We focus on disease programs that require a high-touch patient experience and provide those we care for genuine empathy and compassion as part of our service delivery.
Working within the Nursing Team, this position will educate subcontracted Home Health Agency and Independent nurses on the infusion procedure for medications dispensed by the pharmacy. This position will also provide educational support for inquires from both internal and extremal customers. The position will ensure a high level of customer service and satisfaction by education on the patient population needs. They will also support other team functions such as locating a potential nurse, prescreening for qualifications, ensuring the HHA meets Orsini criteria, management of nursing notes/invoices, and maintenance of patient medical records for nursing visits. They will also work collaboratively across departments to ensure a high level of patient satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & TRAINING:
* Bachelor's degree and current licensure as RN in good standing with state agency
* 2+years as relevant infusion experience.
* Ability to verbally communicate clinical information for learning/knowledge
* Ability to work in a team environment and provide support to other team members
* Understanding of medical terminology
* Medical office/home health agency experience needed. Pharmacy knowledge preferred
* Home infusion skills related to patient safety/infection prevention
* Knowledgeable on nursing infusion regulations and best practices
* Microsoft office knowledge
* Strong Interpersonal and customer service skills
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Training and conducting in-services on drug products that will be infused/injected at home
* Locating and prequalifying home health agency and nurse or independent nurses for a specific drug therapy. Assisting with the coordination of a new patient home infusion start or new nurse infusion start for an existing patient. Follow up with nurse on first experience in the home and nurse satisfaction. Ability to help troubleshoot nurse questions.
* Reviewing nursing notes and requesting notes/invoices for medical records and payments
* Assisting with creation of training decks for HHA nurses
* Obtaining doctor medical notes for nursing and ensuring order are present for first visit
* Troubleshoot infusion issues with nurse in the home as needed
* Provide updates on status of nursing requests at internal meetings
* Other duties as assigned by Nurse Manager
* BCBSL Medical
* Delta Dental
* EyeMed Vision
* Accident & Critical Illness
* Life Insurance
* PTO, Holiday Pay, and Floating Holidays
* Tuition Reimbursement
- Customer Service
- Hospital Information Systems
- Infection Control
- Intravenous (Iv) Fusions