To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Memphis, TN 38118
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Operations
XPO Logistics, Inc. • Memphis, TN
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset. And we need leaders who will provide leadership and development opportunities, while ensuring organizational policies and procedures are understood and followed. As the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day multisite operations including processes, reporting, improvements, and personnel. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach the goals you set for yourself, your colleagues, your career, and your customers.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Ensure the quality management system procedures and processes are implemented and maintained; oversee productivity, quality, and safety in accordance with company needs and customer requirements
- Implement and maintain operations processes and procedures, reporting on performance and initiating improvements for operations; provide direction, development, and leadership to managers and supervisors
- Manage and oversee transportation operations
- Establish and meet site objectives in the areas of financial performance, safety, quality, and customer service in compliance with all applicable internal and external policies
- Provide accurate and timely submission of key quality, financial, and safety reports
- Hire, train, develop, and appraise staff effectively; take corrective action as necessary in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy
- Coordinate plant activities through planning with departmental managers and supervisors to ensure objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of progressive experience in supply chain management in a supply chain/distribution environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience in an ISO environment
- 12 years of progressive experience in supply chain management in a supply chain/distribution environment
- Understanding of carrier procurement and rate management
- Experience in multiple verticals and managed transportation
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy, optimize resources, and develop, recommend, and implement solutions
- Demonstrated planning, project management, problem-solving techniques and analytical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach, and influence employees
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.