Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
****Must reside in PHX METRO area****
The Sr. Pharmacy Technician is a collaborative role working with nurses, social workers medical directors and skilled nursing facilities. Sr. Pharmacy technicians assist Pharmacist in researching and preparing medication reviews and medication reconciliation. This includes researching drug information with available resources, assessing patient eligibility, evaluating drug claims data, preparing review for skilled nursing facilities and/or primary care providers, and documenting medication reconciliation information in electronic medical record. Also assists with metrics, administrative tasks and in future pharmacy programs.
If you are located in Maricopa county, AZ, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Organize and assemble medication reconciliation and review for transitions of care
- Research drug information as necessary
- Accurate drug data entry into electronic medical record
- Assess member eligibility
- Access drug claims data
- Record metrics
- Assist with reporting and report development
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Collaborate with OptumCare team and program members outside OptumCare
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HS Diploma / GED
- Current pharmacy technician certification
- 2+ years Pharmacy experience
- Retail Pharmacy experience
- Knowledge of drugs / medications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access
- Local travel – up to 25%
- Advanced Education
- Experience in managed care pharmacy (e.g., Pharmacy Benefits Manager, clinically related programs, appeals, prior authorization)
- Knowledge of Medicare part D
- Recognize potential drug interactions or discrepancies
- Ability to identify and analyze drug data trends
- Knowledge of HIPPA
- Experience using EMR systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrate accuracy, timeliness, organization and attention to detail
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Senior Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Managed Care, Certified Pharmacy Technician, Medicare Part D, Pharmacy Benefits, Pharm D, PBM, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote