Project Accounting Associate
HITT is looking for an experienced Project Accounting Associate to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a strong individual to contribute in a key role within our accounting team.
- Responsible for hands-on job cost accounting for multiple projects to include Subcontractor AP processing, Client invoicing, and budgeting
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all costs related to each project
- Actively involved with Project Management team to ensure they get the direction/support needed
- Ensure existing Project Accounting and all Company Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated and enforced
- Be aggressive, but tactful, in communicating/discussing/resolving accounting related problems with team, striving to correct problems in a timely manner
- Actively monitor projects from a risk management perspective and elevate as needed
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 2-5 years Construction or project-related accounting desired
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
- Ability to multi task
- Able to prioritize while working in a fast paced environment. Detail, rule and goal oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and exposure to ERP systems or comparable business software. JD Edwards experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to balance speed with quality of results (we require both)
- Detail oriented, organized, and disciplined
- Friendly, courteous, and positive in nature
HITT Contracting, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HITT Contracting, Inc. promotes a drug-free workplace.
- Accounts Receivable
- Attention To Detail
- Business Software