About Working at Commerce
Wouldn’t it be great to build your career at a bank that’s known for helping people with their financial challenges? That’s exactly what you’d be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We’re looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You’d be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we’ve been an industry leader for over 150 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you’d like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We’re always looking for the best and brightest.
About This Job
The Agile Coach is responsible for training, coaching and mentoring agile teams, stakeholders and other organizational leaders. As an Agile Coach, you’ll assist in the overall goal to transformation the total organization to the Agile way of life. You’ll help the organization use Agile as a strategic asset of culture change and business value generation.
- Coach and mentor teams, programs, and leadership towards applying & improving Agile practices, situationally to achieve maximum business outcomes
- Facilitate workshops at all levels of the organization (teams, leaders, executives)
- Continue to develop, implement and lead the organization-wide Agile transformation strategy
- Provide guidance and input to the establishment of Program, Portfolio, and Value Stream teams and in optimizing organizational team structure
- Embrace servant leadership and display the behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with Agile methods
- Be a change agent, working with the organization to develop a culture of agility and continuous improvement
- Help identify organizational impediments to successful Agile transformation and work with the leadership team to create effective strategies to overcome them
- Work with external vendors to provide tools necessary to support Agile training, coaching, and transformation.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Expert in Agile/Lean principles and practices
- Demonstrated experience in the design, development, and implementation of Agile transformation strategy
- Expert in one or more knowledge domains (i.e. technical, business, transformation)
- Solid background creatively utilizing agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Design Thinking, Lean Start-Up etc)
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills, coaching and mentorship experience
- Demonstrated experience with lean thinking
- Experience in creating Agile training and development of workshop material
- Experience working with large, small, remote and co-located agile teams.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization and demonstrated relationship building as trusted advisor
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education required
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a pure coaching (not scrum master/coach) or enterprise coaching role in various enterprises
- Agile certifications such as Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified or
- Professional Scrum Trainer (CST, PST), Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC),
- Associate or Professional Certified Coach (ACC, PCC), Certified Agile Leader (CAL)
Location: 922 Walnut St, Kansas City, Missouri 64106
- Scrum (Software Development)
- Lean Manufacturing
- Continuous Improvement Process