Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Outside Sales Representative – Focused on growing our current market and customer base for shoring solutions. Maintain strong, professional relationships with clients and fellow employees in a high-expectation, fast paced environment; present himself/herself and the technical products of the company professionally and convincingly to retain existing customers and drive profitable new business. Must have proven sales experience, high level of customer service and effective time management skills. Successful candidate must be able to prepare engineered sales proposals and delivery effective technical presentations. Must possess exceptional internal/external verbal and written communication skills.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Identify rental business opportunities with potential customers and calling on project managers, superintendents, estimators, engineers, architects, business owners and related agencies to close business
• Utilize social media, cold calling and telemarketing to qualify leads and present our products and services to both new and existing customers and markets. Position may require some C-Level selling –should be comfortable with their contact and presentation skills to this audience
• Territory management expertise necessary to maximize area revenue to meet and exceed budgeted sales goals and targets. Populate CRM system to accurately maintain and to track customer information, quotes and engineering packages. Utilize inside sales support to delegate specific tasks to efficiently reach new contacts, set appointments and research upcoming projects.
• Scheduling appointments, meeting with existing and potential customers in their office or on a job site to sell company based solutions into large and small project environments
• Gain market intelligence and gather competitor information, as necessary.
• Implement sales and marketing campaigns to promote company products and services to both new and existing customers and markets, via own efforts and those of the sales support staff
• Develop working relationships with customers and attend, as necessary, customer and trade association related events for networking purposes
• Prepare proposals or bid packages by understanding blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with Sunbelt engineers, and other technical resources. Attention to detail necessary to prepare customer inquiries and ensure resulting proposals and bid packages are to the required standards of all engineering/safety protocols and policies of Sunbelt Rentals, Inc.
• Work closely with the Operations team and associated support staff to ensure that customer relationships and retention are appropriately maintained. And to meet weekly, or at the direction of the Regional Manager, and discuss all upcoming and current jobs
• Meet with the Operations, Engineering and implementation team to review and discuss the opportunity pipelines and to review project specifications. Actively develop a strong market/customer awareness of the benefits of the Customer Training Program and actively pursue the attendance of the customers to the facilities
• • Identify and communicate effectively current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and current customers•
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
• Participate in special projects and initiatives developed by the Executive Management Team
• Other duties as assigned
• Must live within territory and willing to travel with potential for overnight stays.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with exceptional interpersonal skills
• Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information
• Problem Solving, Product Knowledge, Selling to Customer Needs, Software Requirements, Presentation Skills, Technical Understanding, Requirements Analysis
Education and Work Experience:
• 5- 7 years of experience in outside sales (preferably in the construction market)
• Experience in selling technical products and services – preferably Project related
• Requires Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent managerial experience preferred
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
Complex Problem Solving