The candidate for this position will be responsible for handling all phases of pursuing deficiency
balances on charged off accounts through litigation, including civil lawsuits, small claims, and
referral to outside attorney firms for such litigation. This role may involve some travel for witness
appearances at trials, settlement conferences, and hearings. The ideal candidate for this position
will have experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume litigation environment in the legal field
of consumer debt collection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares legal documents, including, but not limited to, complaints, default judgment
packages, writs of execution, wage garnishments, and bank levies.
• Maintains and updates small claims and civil litigation court calendar.
• Works closely with attorneys, their firms, and court personnel.
• Working knowledge of electronic filing procedures for state courts.
• Acts as liaison between Westlake and its affiliates, including Consumer Litigation
• Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external contacts.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Possess a strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work under pressure.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work independently and in a team environment.
• Familiarity with basic state and federal collection laws, including the FDCPA.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
• Personal computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Essential Forms.
Copier, Faxing & other general office supplies.
Attention To Detail